Repair seal coat in Gunite Pool

ggo36

Jul 6, 2013
Need information on how to repair the damaged seal coat in our gunite pool. We have a saucer size section of the final seal coat (looks like egg shell thickness) that cracked & peeled off exposing the white plaster under it. We have easy access because it's on top of the first step into the pool, therefore we can lower the water easily to have a 'dry repair', if necessary. Any product & instructions would be appreciated....ggo 36

Yes, regular plaster was put over the 'gunite', & is still white & beautiful..... But the finish coat is very smooth & definintely not the same texture that is under the 'egg shell' material that has cracked & broken away. I am looking for something that will be applied with a putty knife & self leveling, because in my research there is always a mention of beveling or sanding out the area to fill which seems over correcting because the missing material/plaster is barlely 1/16 of an inch thick. Maybe just brushing the new plaster when it was first put under water is what made the difference. I'm not the expert here & we live in a rural area so finding a pool builder has been a little difficult....thanks....

Thread Status
Hello , This thread has been inactive for over 60 days. New postings here are unlikely to be seen or responded to by other members. For better visibility, consider Starting A New Thread.