cloudy water

Aug 5, 2013
i have tested the water and everything is in normal range. i add a 1/2 a chlorine tablet (recommended) when the other one dissolves. i add super shock on Saturday evening and vacuum the pool on sunday morning. i have a sandpro pump and filter which i run approximately 6 hrs a day. from sunday to at least the next Thursday, the water is blue, but cloudy. it seems like it's only clear a couple days a week. what do i need to read to find out what i am doing wrong? i am following all the directions on the chemicals that are recommended. this is the first pool i have ever owned. it is an intex above ground pool. it is 18' x 48". it holds 5,060 gallons of water. any help would be greatly appreciated. thanks in advance!

:wave: Welcome to TFP!!!

As John said, we rely on specific test results to provide accurate recommendations, so a good test kit is a must. Also many of our recommendations are different than the information found on the products (many of which you should not likely be using anyway) and certainly different than what a pool store would recommend.

Generally if the water is cloudy you need to SLAM the pool. [slam:1ymr2okv][/slam:1ymr2okv] To do that correctly, again you need a good test kit.

Although, your pool is fairly small and if you have an algae bloom, water replacement can often be quickly and cheaper.

You will find a ton of information in Pool School to help you learn.
Start with ABCs of Pool Water Chemistry and work your way down the list

Thread Status
Hello , This thread has been inactive for over 60 days. New postings here are unlikely to be seen or responded to by other members. For better visibility, consider Starting A New Thread.