Pump / Filter system for kiddie pool

Aug 5, 2013
Hi I have a hard plastic kiddie pool (had to give up on something bigger because of weight restrictions). I am wondering if it is possible to install a pump/filter system running the tubes over the top of the side of the pool rather than having them in the wall of the pool? Note the pool is roughly 6' round and is filled with no more than 2' of water. I would rather not have to spill the water regularly which is a pain and seems very wasteful. Any thoughts?

Thank you

Hi Joe, and welcome to the forum. I applaud your conservative mind about the water, we have precious little here in West TX. too. Its almost to little to worry about, but if you are determined, I would look on CL or something for a used cart filter for the intex pools on the cheap. Sure you can run it that way, but it might be a little tricky to get it primed. Do-able with a little effort though. If you could put the water to good use for lawn or trees, it wouldn't be wasteful to just refill often. Good luck and let us know what you decide.

Thread Status
Hello , This thread has been inactive for over 60 days. New postings here are unlikely to be seen or responded to by other members. For better visibility, consider Starting A New Thread.