Hayward Wanda-The-Whale Suction cleaner for AGP

Jun 18, 2012
Howdy!

Just put together my ProSeries pool, 22' x 52". I bought an aftermarket Intex pump w/ sand filter combo unit (approx 2600 gph).

The pool came with a skimmer, which is good for bugs and leaves, but sand and leaves on the bottom was a big issue.

I bought one of the hayward ABG suction pool cleaners to plumb in. I'm actually surprised at how well these work! Biggest issue is when I disconnect and reconnect it, getting the air out of the line, and also getting the flow rates exactly right, but putting valves in my plumbing makes it an easy problem to solve, takes me less than 5 minutes from reconnecting to walking away.

Another minor issue with wanda is that her tail keeps falling off (the molding wasnt made quite right). Considering epoxying the tail on.

Anyone else have any experience ith these?

i have the whale too and the same problem with the tale, its a pain to grab her out of the pool without anything to hold onto, have to grab from underneath, other then that i have no issues with it, she does a great job cleaning the pool and i don't have to do it anymore.

I was really happy with Wanda when I first got her . . . now, not so much. She keeps getting stuck in certain sections of the pool, or she'll just stop? If I put her on high, the outflow won't let her come near that side of the pool. If I put her on low, she doesn't pick up much and she has a tendancy to just stop. :? I think I'll be looking for a different vaccum next year.

I had to point my return to go straight across the pool or she would get caught in the whirlpool. One thing I did notice is the straighter the hose the better job she would do. I used to coil the hose up now I take it apart and lay it flat. She also seems to do better with the cover on the pool. The hose doesn't get blown around as much

Thread Status
Hello , This thread has been inactive for over 60 days. New postings here are unlikely to be seen or responded to by other members. For better visibility, consider Starting A New Thread.