Become a TFP Supporter Pool Math Forum Rules Pool School

Thread: New Pool Build -Need advice on surface

1. Back To Top    #1

New Pool Build -Need advice on surface

We are at the stage of tile and coping and need to make our final decision on pool surface. We are using Wet Edge, so the decision is to use Satin Matrix or pay the extra for Primera Stone. Would love to see pictures if anyone has used it, especially with either Tahoe Coast or Black Kona. THANKS!!! We have never owned a pool before so we are very naive.

2. Back To Top    #2

Re: New Pool Build -Need advice on surface

Quote Originally Posted by my3boys
    We are at the stage of tile and coping and need to make our final decision on pool surface. We are using Wet Edge, so the decision is to use Satin Matrix or pay the extra for Primera Stone. Would love to see pictures if anyone has used it, especially with either Tahoe Coast or Black Kona. THANKS!!! We have never owned a pool before so we are very naive.

My answer is the same as yesterday.....

Quote Originally Posted by Brushpup
    I'm not a fan of black/dark/dark blue finishes, so that's an easy one for me...I like the naturally blue water best. As for the cost being worth it I think is totally personal. If the smoothness is worth it to you then do it. If I could afford it, I absolutely would without question. Unfortunately, it will be all we can do to afford the pool we want with a good pebble.
    TFP Moderator
    Essential Links:
    ABC's Of Pool Chemistry, Test Kits, SLAM Your Pool
    28K Gal IG FreeForm, CLI Quartz, Pentair 36"SF & VS Pump, Dolphin M5, Rheem

3. Back To Top    #3

In the Industry

Those are two different surface types. The Satin Matrix is a smoother finish...easier on your feet. That may help you decide.

4. Back To Top    #4

Quote Originally Posted by womanowned
    Those are two different surface types. The Satin Matrix is a smoother finish...easier on your feet. That may help you decide.
    Actually it is not. Primera Stone is a sanded/polished finish and it would be smoother. It is an Ultra-Premium finish and the extra labor makes it very expensive.
    TFP Moderator
    Essential Links:

5. Back To Top    #5

Quote Originally Posted by my3boys

Just curious if you reached a decision on the type and color..
    TFP Moderator
    Essential Links: