Hose adapters, where to find them...

y_not

Jul 24, 2012
Redmond, OR
I'll keep this short... shock, huh?

Can threaded hose adapters that go on MP valves and pump skimmer baskets be found @ HD/Lowes/Ace type places? Or are they only available at pool stores?

Also, do all filters and pumps use the same female id threads, or do they vary? Ie. V thread, buttress, npt and which is it?
It's a Pentair Meteor MP and Dynamo pump.

Do the threaded ball valves use the same thread type?

Ready.... set... go!
Thanks everyone! :)

Tony.

Those types are more specialty barbs...mostly for pools. Easier to order online, unless you want a pool store adventure. I've not seen them in any hardware store big or small, but they may carry them elsewhere. Sorry not to be of more help.

Naw, that's helpful enough. Thanks for the info, both of you. It has been helpful. :goodjob:
Irrigation.... they have them that big?

Sure, pool store adventures are fuuun! ;)
I'd buy it online, but I just haven't been able to take the time to do so.
I'll buy it online if I have to.

Enjoying this content?

Support TFP with a donation.

Give Support
Yeah, I thought about that, but it won't have the barbs on it so the hose will pop off from the pressure. Hose clamp or not.
Or do they have barbed to slip joint pieces?

If they do, I could do that.

Thx,
Tony.

FamilyGuy said:
I recently purchased some at lowes in the plumbing section (they are grey)
Which part did you purchase, the whole threaded adapter, or the slip joint reducer /w barbs you speak of?

BTW, This "Slows" doesn't have any pool stuff, nor does "Home Despot". NOT POOL COUNTRY!! :hammer:
Oh, did I mention all the pool stores here are closed on Monday??? LOLs :laughblue:

Ok, thanks for the tips. I'll check it out, hopefully tomorrow. Spent all day yesterday in town, getting sand, among other things, then finishing setting up the pool once I got home.

Today I did some more with the chems, then spent all evening cleaning up the used agp ladder I got. Diiiirty! Aaalgae, YUCK!

Needless to say, I had little time today. I'm beat, gonna crash hard tonight! Hehe

techguy said:
I saw the barbed fittings at my Lowes in the pool chemicals area, outside in the garden area of the local store

Unfortunately no chems or supplies sold here anymore, they stopped carrying them a few years ago. :(

I checked @ HD, here's what I discovered.
No barbed black poly fittings for pex over 1". Used to have them said an associate.
They had a 1-1/2"-1-1/4" dual size threaded slip adapter in the sump pump section, just like you'd get at a pool place, but it didn't have barbs on it. Smooth only.... not good! Plus it had a check valve in it.
So not what I needed, although I could have made the check valve work if it had the proper hose fitting.

I even thought of using a dual male threaded coupler of the right size, this way I could get a threaded ball valve, remove the existing hose to thread adapter from the filter, attach it to one end of the ball valve, then attach the other end of the ball valve to the multiport using the threaded coupler. Nope, didn't have that either, fail there too!
In fact, they didn't even have a threaded 1-1/2" ball valve, only slip. Uuuuggghh!

EPIC FAIL! :hammer:

Need to check the pool stores, I know Lowes doesn't have the barbs, least not last year. But I'll check once more, as well as for the coupler alternative. There's also a plumbing supply place here that I need to check.

I'll report back as soon as I can. Thanks for the tips.

Enjoying this content?

Support TFP with a donation.

Give Support
Thread Status
Hello , This thread has been inactive for over 60 days. New postings here are unlikely to be seen or responded to by other members. For better visibility, consider Starting A New Thread.