HTH 6-Way Test Kit

The HTH 6-way is a good starter kit, with actually two exceptions -- the aforementioned FAS-DPD not being included, and the TH (Total Hardness) instead of CH (Calcium Hardness). No calcium buffer for that test, as in the TF-100 or K-2006.

All in all it would be a good value for you, if it can be shipped to your location. If you can find someone that is willing to ship the FAS and DPD reagents to you, you would have a close approximation to the Taylor or TF kits.

Brushpup said:
schertzy82 said:
You can probably get the HTH 6-Way at Walmart for around the same price. Just make sure it's the 6-way drop test kit, not the 6-way strips.

He is overseas, so I don't believe Walmart is an option. :mrgreen:

Oops, didn't see that. I guess "from across the pond" should have been my first clue. I'm thoroughly embarrassed now. My apologies, please disregard my earlier post.

Like others have said the HTH 6 way drop test is not ideal, but can be functional in some situations where CYA is kept at fairly low levels (30-40 ppm), we generally only suggest it for people on a tight budget trying to maintain a small seasonal pool where they can dump the water if / when something goes wrong, as it does not provide any way to test elevated chlorine levels that are needed in the SLAM shocking process.

Thread Status
Hello , This thread has been inactive for over 60 days. New postings here are unlikely to be seen or responded to by other members. For better visibility, consider Starting A New Thread.