Still new to BBB and just finished my first SLAM.

dlwxman

LifeTime Supporter
Jun 28, 2013
Lafayette, IN
Pool Size
Surface
Vinyl
Just finished my first SLAM 5 days ago. Did some testing and here are the results (post-SLAM pH was measured after FC dropped below 10ppm). I have a SWG.

Pre-SLAM...CYA 80 pH 7.2 TA ? (added MA to lower pH from 7.8 to 7.2 to prepare for SLAM)
After.........CYA 50 pH 7.2 TA 90

1. Why would my CYA drop so much during the SLAM? What should I do, if anything?

2. Curious why pH remained low (it measured 7.3 today so maybe trying to come back)

3. How does the slightly high TA number factor into the other 2 items?

1. Testing error? Different lighting?
2. What would you expect? The bleach is effectively pH neutral.
3. The TA may pull the pH up some, but nothing to worry about.

Same light, same time of day. I remixed and checked again then my wife checked....all 3 showed 50. could my pre-SLAM reading of 80 been affected that much by the algae (it was thick)?

Sent from my DROID RAZR using Tapatalk 2

could my pre-SLAM reading of 80 been affected that much by the algae (it was thick)?
Your pool water would have been totally and completely opaque at a depth of 3" for that to happen.....highly unlikely. CYA is unaffected by the SLAM process. There really is no reasonable explanation for the discrepancy. I would accept 50 CYA at this point and go forward.

+1 what jblizzle said about pH.

Thread Status
Hello , This thread has been inactive for over 60 days. New postings here are unlikely to be seen or responded to by other members. For better visibility, consider Starting A New Thread.