Raypak RP 2100 digital

Aug 4, 2013
2003. The unit fired up, but after a lengthy time, perhaps 20 seconds or more, and there was that loud whoop sound of a lot of gas igniting at once. It was heating, I thought so I left it and upon my return about an hour later, it wasn't burning. It displayed the diagnostic code IGN. The top was not hot so after it fired up. it must have shut down quickly. What does the IGN code indicate and how can I address it? Any help is greatly appreciated.

I believe on those the "IGN" code is an ignition fault lockout. To clear it you have to turn the unit off, then back on. However, with the symptom you described, I would pull the burners and make sure they are clean. Sounds like the burner nearest the pilot light/igniter is clogged and it is taking some time for the gas to accumulate before igniting.

IGN Indicates loss of flame signal at the pilot after main gas valve power has been applied. The board will reset itself and make three attempts on same CFH(Call For Heat). If the unit fails to hold flame after three attempts, it will go into a hard lockout(ILO). Interrupt the power supply to clear the lock out.

I am guessing your running on propane?

Thank you. I pulled out the burner tray, lifted up the first burner, unscrewed the threaded head that attaches to the individual gas lead and made an adjustment to the head to align it with those of the others burners. Turned the apparatus upside down to shake loose any debris and re-assembled the burner tray. It worked. And yes, it is on propane.

Thread Status
Hello , This thread has been inactive for over 60 days. New postings here are unlikely to be seen or responded to by other members. For better visibility, consider Starting A New Thread.