Frisco TX - New Pool Build

Jul 7, 2013
After several years of deliberation, we decided to finally put a pool in the backyard…We narrowed down to Foley Pools after discussing with several pool companies and also getting recommendations from neighbors on both sides of us that also went with Foley. Excavation started on 7/12 and we are waiting for deck to be poured this week. I look forward to getting your feedback and recommendations as we finish up the build and get started. Pictures to follow...

Pool Info
Gunite Pool
Pool Perimeter: 90
Pool Size: 27' x 29'
Depth: 3.5' x 6'
Pool Gallons: 14,075
SQFT: 417
Coping: Oklahoma flagstone
Tile: Stone Ventures - Storm
Finish: Pebblesheen - Blue Granite

Deck
568 Sq Ft
Stamped, Stained Concrete - Slate Pattern

Equipment Info
Pentair Intelliflo VS+SVRS
Pentair DE 60sqft Filter
Polaris 280 w/ 3/4hp booster

Enjoying this content?

Support TFP with a donation.

Give Support
[attachment=0:3ru4pthq]20130724-DSCN1564.jpg[/attachment:3ru4pthq]
[attachment=1:3ru4pthq]20130802-DSCN1587.jpg[/attachment:3ru4pthq]
[attachment=2:3ru4pthq]20130802-DSCN1588.jpg[/attachment:3ru4pthq]

Attachments

• 20130802-DSCN1588.jpg
    20130802-DSCN1588.jpg
    94.5 KB · Views: 436
  • 20130802-DSCN1587.jpg
    20130802-DSCN1587.jpg
    90.3 KB · Views: 436
  • 20130724-DSCN1564.jpg
    20130724-DSCN1564.jpg
    88.1 KB · Views: 436
I just noticed this evening that the cedar post that is supporting my patio cover (see pictures above) has a little bit of rot on one side of it where the cedar moulding around the bottom used to be...My deck is due to be poured on Wednesday AM...Do I need to have the post replaced before the deck goes in? Is there a way to stop rot or is replacement way to go? Any suggestions to ensure safety in the future?

Thanks - Jason

rjreynolds said:
I just noticed this evening that the cedar post that is supporting my patio cover (see pictures above) has a little bit of rot on one side of it where the cedar moulding around the bottom used to be...My deck is due to be poured on Wednesday AM...Do I need to have the post replaced before the deck goes in? Is there a way to stop rot or is replacement way to go? Any suggestions to ensure safety in the future?

Thanks - Jason[/quote

Jason,
Im new to the site and dont know much about pools, but I would replace the beam if it will be an issue to replace once the project is complete. Better to deal with easily now than an un-needed headache later.
By the way, great looking pool. I have plans to build something like that early next spring. Might go a little deeper on the deep end and the wife is interested in a sun ledge. Do you have a copy of your quote that you'd be willing to share?

rjreynolds said:
Thanks...I am going to have someone come out today and take down entire arbor...Gives me an excuse to get a fully covered patio... :-D

I will send you a copy of my quote in just a bit...

I agree with the fully covered patio. Need a little shade somewhere, maybe a future outdoor kitchen under there. Im going to send you a pm shortly. Keep the pics up.

Had a few contractors come out and look at post and all agreed that it was fine and had some superficial damage due to previous wood we had at bottom for molding...So leaving arbor there for time being and will use existing post for a new patio cover once pool completed...

Had deck poured this AM and stamped...They will come back out tomorrow to saw out expansion joints and then back out in a couple of weeks to stain it...

Originally was supposed to be able to step up from tanning deck without the added step but was going to be out of code due to 8.5" height so we added a step this morning when they poured.

Jason

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk HD

Attachments

• ImageUploadedByTapatalk HD1375895040.131871.jpg
    ImageUploadedByTapatalk HD1375895040.131871.jpg
    43.1 KB · Views: 297
Looks great! We are considering building this fall and our current plan includes a deck of your size. I will be curious too see pictures and hear your thoughts once you are able to use it. I am having a hard time visualizing what all we can fit on the deck. We marked off what we thought the deck would be in our yard, but I think the plan's measurements are smaller than our guesses.

Enjoying this content?

Support TFP with a donation.

Give Support
Thread Status
Hello , This thread has been inactive for over 60 days. New postings here are unlikely to be seen or responded to by other members. For better visibility, consider Starting A New Thread.