Constantly rising pH

Wright_family96

LifeTime Supporter
Jun 9, 2013
Mountain House, CA
We have a new build (June), plaster pool, with SWG and waterfall from spa. I am having a hard time keeping the pH under 8. It feels like I'm always adding acid. I think I need to add stabilizer, but wanted to post my test results and see what order I should try to correct things.

FC 4
TC 4
pH 8
TA 90
CH 370
CYA 50

My test kit is a fairly comprehensive Taylor kit. So should I just keep adding acid, or do I need to do something else first?

TIA!

Carley

Fresh plaster will raise the PH, TA, & CH levels rapidly for the first month and more slowly for up to a year. This is a side effect of the plaster curing. You will also be seeing some PH increase because TA is above 70 and CYA is below 70. There is nothing to be done about the plaster curing, that will continue until it is done. But you can reduce the PH drift from high TA and low CYA.

Another component of your high pH issues has to do with the fact that you are running an SWCG. Even after your plaster has cured, you will be contending with pH rise because of the mere fact that you are operating your SWCG. It won't be near to the degree that you are chasing it from the plaster curing but you will be adding rather frequently.

Thread Status
Hello , This thread has been inactive for over 60 days. New postings here are unlikely to be seen or responded to by other members. For better visibility, consider Starting A New Thread.