Become a TFP Supporter Pool Math Forum Rules Pool School

Thread: Replacement Led lights

1. Back To Top    #1

Replacement Led lights

Hello everyone Newbie here. Great site, lots of very helpful information. Just had a new pool installed In ground, vinyl looks like a mountain lake 20x24x40 this is what we have for equipment Hayward super II pump 1.5 hp, auto Hayward pl-p4 cul,aqua sk-2 lights raypak r8350ti-e, filter is a Hayward C3030. That said and done, we would like to upgrade to LED lights and get a robot cleaner. The company that sold us this pool has terrible service, the salesman reminds me of a snake oil salesman from days gone bye. Anyways any and all help would be greatly appreciated. Thanks and great site
    22k,IG Vinyl,Hayward Dual Speed Pump,Hayward Cartridge filter C3030,SWG 9 Cell Pro-Logic, 4 Relay System,Dolphin Supreme M4

2. Back To Top    #2

Re: Replacement Led lights

So many views and not 1 answer
    22k,IG Vinyl,Hayward Dual Speed Pump,Hayward Cartridge filter C3030,SWG 9 Cell Pro-Logic, 4 Relay System,Dolphin Supreme M4

3. Back To Top    #3

Sometimes it's like that. You need to remember, this site is primarily focused on keeping your pool looking great, with things like lighting added in as an extra.

That being said, how are you with home built electronics? Could you find a way to make your own waterproof replacements?

1W and 5W LEDs are relatively inexpensive, when bought from places like eBay and Dealextreme, along with the driver circuits.
    15'x48" 4500 gallon Intex pool, buried 1.5 ft. Pac-Fab Dynamo 3/4 hp pump. Hayward S180T sand filter, bought used. Taylor K-2006 test kit. Rocket mass heater based wood fired pool heater.

4. Back To Top    #4

Something to ponder, Thanks

5. Back To Top    #5

Reason I suggested that is while I'm no great master at electronics, I have built a good light set for my work recumbent cargo trike. I figured if I could to that, others might be able to do similar for other applications.
    15'x48" 4500 gallon Intex pool, buried 1.5 ft. Pac-Fab Dynamo 3/4 hp pump. Hayward S180T sand filter, bought used. Taylor K-2006 test kit. Rocket mass heater based wood fired pool heater.

6. Back To Top    #6

See if one of these will work for you, http://discounterspoolandspa.com/store/ ... -C173.aspx.
    16k gal plaster with raised spa, Jandy DEV60 filter, 2 HP 2-speed SHPF Jandy Stealth pump
    Hayward Aqua Rite T-15 SWCG, Jandy LXi 400k BTU NG heater, 350 sq.ft. of Sun Star solar panels, TF-100 Test Kit, Dolphin s300i Cleaner
    Test Kits . Pool Math . Chlorine/CYA Chart . The SLAM Process

7. Back To Top    #7

Thanks, trying to replace my low voltage bulbs with LEDS