Become a TFP Supporter Pool Math Forum Rules Pool School

Thread: After SLAMing...What Now?

1. Back To Top    #1

After SLAMing...What Now?

Just finished SLAMing the pool and its crystal clear. So, now what? When should I start testing the other readings and when would testing become accurate again after the SLAM process. I have a FC reading of 6 and according to the CYA chart I should be at a FC reading of eventually of 4. It is time to start dialing my SWG down? Just finished SLAM yesterday.

Also, on a side note, my sister-in-law went swiming during the SLAM wearing a sliver braclet. I'm 100% positive that my shock level of chlorine was at safe swimming levels. Any idea what migh have caused this??
    Massachusetts - 30,000 Gallons, Inground, Gunite, Hayward Salt Water Generator, T-15 Cell, Hayward C3030 Cartridge Filter.

2. Back To Top    #2

Re: After SLAMing...What Now?

Shock level caused what with a Silver bracelet? Tarnish? Silver tarnishes easily and even low levels of Chlorine will accelerate it. Just exposing it to highly conductive water will as well with no Chlorine present.

Yes, test everything else now... it is fine. The pH drop test is affected by high Chlorine (10+ PPM FC) but you could still run everything else during SLAM if you wanted too with accuracy. Maybe time to dial down the SWG if you are consistently above target. FC 6 of PPM ain't too shabby though. A little high yes, but I swim in more most of the time with no ill effects with CYA at 40-50.
    TFP Moderator
    Essential Links:
    TF-100 Test Kit, ABC's Of Pool Chemistry, Test Kits, SLAM Your Pool
    28K Gal IG FreeForm, CLI Quartz, Flagstone, 36"SF, Pentair VS Pump, EasyTouch W/Remote, Rheem 400KBTU Htr

3. Back To Top    #3
    San Dimas, CA (LA County)

All the tests should be run now, while FC is below 10.

And now is also the time to start playing around with pump run times and SWG settings.
    16K freeform gunite with spa; Pentair 4000 DE filter; Century Whisperflow 1 HP; Pentair Minimax heater.
    Troublefree does not mean Maintenancefree. It's like brushing your teeth: You can spend a couple minutes a day and pennies a week or go to the dentist once a year and spend several thousand dollars.
    A pool is like a pet - you have to feed it every day, even the days you don't want to play with it!

4. Back To Top    #4
    Redmond, OR

What do you have your CYA level at?
    I could dig through your other posts, but a current level would be best.
    Thanks for reading... - Tony
    Da' Pool: Intex 15'x42" 3284gal AGP EasySet (Inflatable Ring) - (Summer 2014: 27' round EW /w 6.5' deep end @ 22,500gal)
    Pump & Cart Mod: 1000gph Cart. 5ft² - 2 nylons, 24/7 OP. Traps bugs/bits, lasts longer/cleans easier = Happier Pool Owner!!
    The Bible for a "Trouble Free Pool" life = PoolSchool, the BBB method a TF100 test kit(Recommend Kits Compared). - Cleaning a Sand Filter
    Water looks like GLASS, if yours doesn't...SLAM IT! Feels nice and never been happier!!! :D