Need Help

Aug 4, 2013
Hi Can you help me figure out what I need to do. I had algae and shocked the pool, now I have high Chlorine, TA 0, PH lower than 6.4.
Do I get the PH up first or the TA? and what do you recommend I use. I have a 9000ltr pool.
Thanks

Welcome.

What you need to do is read Pool School and familiarize yourself with using regular house hold items to run your pool. Order a test kit (TF100 or a K2006) because you will need it. And also get your pH up to atleast 7.2 by using borax.

You're going to have to read Pool School though.

You need soda ash. It raises both TA and pH. You can use the pool calculator to figure out how much to add. If you can't find soda ash or washing soda you can use baking soda to raise the TA and borax to raise the pH. Add about half of what the pool calculator says and retest after an hour.

If TA is zero, use borax and raise pH first. Once pH is in the low 7's, retest TA.

You may or may not need to adjust TA once pH is in line.

Use the PoolCalculator and go slow on the doses. Start with half recommended dose and ease into the pH correction.

Welcome to the forum :wave:

OK I have calculated what I need to raise the ph 2 1/2 kilos of Borax which I can get from ebay or 1.2 kilo's of Washing soda or soda ash. Now I can get washing soda from the local supermarket much cheaper than borax. So I will go get some of the washing soda I will use 1/2 the quantity first, how long should I wait until I test the water again?

actually I live in the uk but I like the idea of BBB, so I just need to find similar products in the uk. I don't have such a detailed testing kit and I have search the internet and cannot find one like TF test kit, so I will just have to try and manage.
Thanks for your help

Thread Status
Hello , This thread has been inactive for over 60 days. New postings here are unlikely to be seen or responded to by other members. For better visibility, consider Starting A New Thread.