Become a TFP Supporter Pool Math Forum Rules Pool School

Thread: Jack's Magic Fiber Clear

1. Back To Top    #1

Jack's Magic Fiber Clear

What about Jack's Magic Fiber Clear? I have bought a couple of bags and it claims to capture as good as DE filters and recommeds that DE user switch to Jack's magic. Anyone tried it? Makes sense to me to get the fine suspended algae particles.
    10K gal, IG gunite, Installed 2000, 1 1/2 HP pump, sand filter, Aqua Pure Digital 35 K gal SWG, Haywood Cleaner

2. Back To Top    #2

Re: Additive to sand in sand filter?

I forgot to mention I am adding it to my existing sand filter.
    10K gal, IG gunite, Installed 2000, 1 1/2 HP pump, sand filter, Aqua Pure Digital 35 K gal SWG, Haywood Cleaner

3. Back To Top    #3

Re: Jack's Magic Fiber Clear

All of the fiber products are about the same as each other and all of them work reasonably well. In a DE filter, some people like them a little better than DE, some a little worse. As an additive for sand filters, DE is a little better, but the difference isn't all that big and fiber works fine.
    19K gal, vinyl, 1/2 HP WhisperFlo pump, 200 sqft cartridge filter, AutoPilot Digital SWG, Dolphin Dynamic cleaning robot
    Creator of PoolMath and Pool Calculator. Other handy links: Support this site, TF Test Kits, Pool School

4. Back To Top    #4

I use this product seasonally to cut down on the small particles that get blown in if we get a stretch of windy days. These small "floaties" are most visible when the pool light is on - do not notice them during the day. What can I say...I have a case of pool sparkly-itis The product helps filter out these small particles better than sand alone. I have had good results with it. It is added to a sand filter just like DE.
    Gold Supporter, TFP Lifetime Supporter, 26,680 gal Plaster IGP 3.5 - 10' depth / Attached Waterfall Spa, Manually Chlorinated, Triton Sand Filter, 1.5 HP * 1.1 SF = 1.65 SFHP 1-speed Pentair WhisperFlo WF-26 Pump, 400K BTU NG Teledyne Laars Series One Heater, Polaris 360, Test Kit Comparison, Chlorine/CYA Chart, SLAMing Your Pool, OCLT
    A good test kit is an investment, not an expense.

5. Back To Top    #5

In the Industry

Makes sense to me to get the fine suspended algae particles.
    Filters of ANY type will not filter live algae from a pool. If you have algae, you have a water chemistry issue, not filtration.
    Dave S.
    42k vinyl and concrete pool, 1.5hp pump, 140gpm filter
    TFTestkits , PoolMath , Pool School

6. Back To Top    #6

Also, dead algae is easily filtered out by any kind of filter. Sand filters will take the longest, often about a week, though sometimes more.
    19K gal, vinyl, 1/2 HP WhisperFlo pump, 200 sqft cartridge filter, AutoPilot Digital SWG, Dolphin Dynamic cleaning robot
    Creator of PoolMath and Pool Calculator. Other handy links: Support this site, TF Test Kits, Pool School