I'm new to the forums and new to keeping a large inground pool. Have experince only with the intex blow up jobs. Been using these forums for a month trying to learn as much as I can.
I don't have a serious problem. But from reading here I started today to use regular house hold bleach to shock my pool. I added a gallon of 6% bleach then waited a while with filter and robotic cleaner running. My chlorine level went from 0 to off my poolmaster drop tests chart witch only goes to 5. My back up aquacheck strips show it somewhere between 5 and 10. Is this normal?? According to poolcalculator I would have needed much more.
I usually shock once a week and adjust ph with muratic as needed.
Test levels that I know are
Filter runs 12pm -6pm and 12am - 6am
Pool is around 26000 gallons
This is all I can currently test myself. Looking into better test kits.