Become a TFP Supporter Pool Math Forum Rules Pool School

Thread: Another newbie question

1. Back To Top    #1

Another newbie question

This was part of another thread just wanna make sure it gets its due. All that has been taken care of, another question that I now have and it might be a no brainer but I have no brain. So when I am full skimmer, which is how I think I will need to run my pool vac the pump doesn't stay primed as if it were on skimmer and bottom drain mode, is this normal, or something amiss??? It still has suction just not as strong as
    Sand Filter
    Bleach is my source to chlorinate with

2. Back To Top    #2

Re: Another newbie question

Something is wrong as the pump should not lose prime. You could very well have a leak in one of the hoses. What type of vacuum do you have? Does the vacuum plug into the skimmer or does it have a separate port for it? What type of valve control do you have for the vacuum?
    16k gal plaster with raised spa, Jandy DEV60 filter, 2 HP 2-speed SHPF Jandy Stealth pump
    Hayward Aqua Rite T-15 SWCG, Jandy LXi 400k BTU NG heater, 350 sq.ft. of Sun Star solar panels, TF-100 Test Kit, Dolphin s300i Cleaner
    Test Kits . Pool Math . Chlorine/CYA Chart . The SLAM Process

3. Back To Top    #3

An old navigator, and it uses the skimmer only. And if I am in full skimmer mode not using the vac it all seems ok but does seem to lose its strength after a bit.
    Sand Filter
    Bleach is my source to chlorinate with

4. Back To Top    #4

You might have a leak in one of the vacuum hoses. You might try holding the hoses under water to see if the pump basket stays full of water.
    16k gal plaster with raised spa, Jandy DEV60 filter, 2 HP 2-speed SHPF Jandy Stealth pump
    Hayward Aqua Rite T-15 SWCG, Jandy LXi 400k BTU NG heater, 350 sq.ft. of Sun Star solar panels, TF-100 Test Kit, Dolphin s300i Cleaner
    Test Kits . Pool Math . Chlorine/CYA Chart . The SLAM Process