Become a TFP Supporter Pool Math Forum Rules Pool School

Thread: Vacuum Problem

1. Back To Top    #1

Vacuum Problem

Hello, this is my first questions since I just registered. I have a above ground pool with a Proline filter. I replace filter at the beginning of this season and I have a problem with the suction. The hose vibrates as it has in the past, but has a pull/push as it moves along. Also the Manta does not always stand flush with the bottom of the pool liner and gets hung up on the perimeter. In the past I don't remember the Return Flow Inlet being on and circulating water into pool with the manta working. I have tried the pump both on low and high.

Thank you,

Mike

2. Back To Top    #2

Re: Vacuum Problem

Welcome. You should vacuum probably on high. Does that vac have a regulator valve at the end that goes in the skimmer.
    16x32x52" Steel Cornelius Miramar AGP Vinyl liner 13,100 gal. Buried 2 ft.
    2 Speed Hayward Power-Flo Matrix 85 g.p.m. 22" 250lb. sand filter hard plumbed
    Pool Rover Jr., Pool Blaster Max, Diver Dave TF100 Test Kit/Speed Stir
    Margaritaville Frozen Concoction Maker, Liqour Chiller, & Drink Mixer & Party Tub----Collect 'um all!

3. Back To Top    #3

Quote Originally Posted by woodyp
    Welcome. You should vacuum probably on high. Does that vac have a regulator valve at the end that goes in the skimmer.
    Yes, thanks it does have a regulator valve that is slightly worn, so I have it covered with duct tape.

4. Back To Top    #4

Yes, thanks it does have a regulator valve that is slightly worn, so I have it covered with duct tape.