Become a TFP Supporter Pool Math Forum Rules Pool School

Thread: help de on bottom of pool

1. Back To Top    #1

help de on bottom of pool

I added de to our skimmer two days ago. 4lbs diluted with pool water in a bucket. We got the filter used and i found a manual online that said to add 4lbs for our model pro clean de Cartridge filter model pcde-40. Now I have de in the bottom of the pool. I vacuumed the pool yesterday and this morning there is more de on the bottom. Don't know what to do now. I'm confused because I can't find anything on de cartridge filters. Any ideas.
    18' AGP 8300 GALLONS. PROCLEAN PCDE-40 DE CARTRIDGE FILTER HAYWARD PRO FLO LX PUMP HP1.0 MODEL SP1580.

2. Back To Top    #2

Re: help de on bottom of pool

BTW we just replaced the cartridge when we added the de
    18' AGP 8300 GALLONS. PROCLEAN PCDE-40 DE CARTRIDGE FILTER HAYWARD PRO FLO LX PUMP HP1.0 MODEL SP1580.

3. Back To Top    #3

15'x48" 4500 gallon Intex pool, buried 1.5 ft. Pac-Fab Dynamo 3/4 hp pump. Hayward S180T sand filter, bought used. Taylor K-2006 test kit. Rocket mass heater based wood fired pool heater.

4. Back To Top    #4

Yes that is what I have.

5. Back To Top    #5

Could it be you didn't have the cartridge fully seated? Other than that, I wouldn't know if any of the finer particles of DE would flow through. You can try vacuuming to filter and see if it is picked up in the cart.
    15'x48" 4500 gallon Intex pool, buried 1.5 ft. Pac-Fab Dynamo 3/4 hp pump. Hayward S180T sand filter, bought used. Taylor K-2006 test kit. Rocket mass heater based wood fired pool heater.