Intex 18' X 48" Ultra Frame Swimming Pool

I have the 18X48 Ultra Frame and it is the perfect size for our small backyard. To go from the 15 to the 22 will be a big difference. If I had the room I would definitely go the larger. PridgNYC is right about the pump size. Think about upgrading the pump to a larger one.

this is upseting. after finding this wonderful site, i added a swg, intex sand filter(last year). this spring, hard plumbed with pvc with a skimmer, then it get gets about 5 leaks cant find them all.pool is about 5 years old. so i figure time to upgrade.

Charlie_R said:
If you go with the 18 or 22, it would be a good idea to hard plumb and go with a regular pool pump and filter set.

Check Pool School for what size and type of filter would fit your needs.

thats not necessary. ive got the 2650 intex sandfilter pump on my 18 and it is more than adequate. it churns my pool enough to create a current in it, plus run my waterfall fountain 12+feet in the air. i run it 6 hours a day from 830 to 230 pm every day and it flips my pool 2 1/2 times. at ~700 watts/hour it costs me about 12 cents an hour to run. in fact, I will probably upgrade in a season or two to the 26x52 intex and will probably keep the same pump and see how it does running about 8-10 hours on a 14k pool. unless it proves inadequate, im not paying high price for a regular pool pump.

at 156 dollars shipped to your door from amazon, its hard to beat the 2650! even if you had to replace it every 3 years, its still not bad for the price.

The Ultra Frame pools are a solid investment, and proven to be (in my opinion) the best pool you can buy at their price point. The Intex 1600 sand filter will keep an 18' pool very clean and even circulate the water in a circle causing any debris to settle into a little circle in the center of the pool. I have been very impressed with mine. The 2650 is even better.

Good luck!

Thread Status
Hello , This thread has been inactive for over 60 days. New postings here are unlikely to be seen or responded to by other members. For better visibility, consider Starting A New Thread.