Become a TFP Supporter Pool Math Forum Rules Pool School

Thread: Good Deal or Not Good Deal

1. Back To Top    #1

Good Deal or Not Good Deal

Ran across this today, I can get it all for $1.00 a gallon What are your thoughts? Not sure if it is really old but it is dirty!
    Attached Images Attached Images
    Eugene, New Pool Noobie
    Intex 12' x 24' x 52" AG 1600 gph Sand pump Krystal Klear,8400 Gallons
    Installed 7/27/13 TF-100 On order "Freshman in Pool School"

2. Back To Top    #2

Re: Good Deal or Not Good Deal

That stuff looks like it has been sitting there a long time. What strength is it supposed to be?
    John
    7 year old ~13,500 gal 24' AGP with 1.5 hp Proline pump, 150 sqft Pleatco cartridge, filled with well water with pH of about 4.5.
    Wanda the Whale pool vacuum, home made heater, Taylor K-2006
    Cloudy Pool? 1) Order test kit. 2) Follow SLAM
    New to TFPC? Read Pool School a few times, then post questions. PoolMath will help with chemical additions.

3. Back To Top    #3

10%.....actually there are pigeons nest above so they got pretty dirty from that.
    Eugene, New Pool Noobie

4. Back To Top    #4

I don't know who blends the Smart brand but most of the time it's regional. Most in your area is made in Dallas and might have a date code on the box and bottle like. 13 215 1300 B1 TX1... First two is year, second set is day of year, 24hour time, blending bottling line. If it has the same type of code look at the date. I would say 155 and up might be 10 or close. Older than that it would be less than 10%. Still useable but at first you would have to test, then dose, then test. If you used 10% and did not hit your target just plug your first test in now and your new test in target and start changing the % til you match the dose amount. Then you will have a good idea of the strength.
    17500 gallon Doughboy AGP, Hayward DE filter, waiting for the 1.5hp DB pump to go out.
    Learn to take the advice here and be trouble free or use the pool store's advice. "You can't do both and get very far"

5. Back To Top    #5

I would look for a code date, liquid chlorine does not age well, if over 6 months old forget it, particularly stored outdoors in Texas in the Summer.
    Indoor 20x40 35,000 gallon vinyl pool with 1.5 HP 2 speed Jandy FloPro pump, Hayward EC75 Perflex DE filter, 11 4x12 Techno-Solis solar panels w/ Aquasolar controller, Aquabot Turbo T Robot Cleaner. Also LMI metering chlorine dispenser pump and HotSpring Jetsetter
    I use and endorse TFtestKits TF-100 from http://tftestkits.net
    ~Remember TFP counts on your donations to keep this site ad free~

6. Back To Top    #6

I bought a case of this at a Home Depot in central Texas last month, and it was very weak.
    15.5K gal, IG vinyl, Hayward 1/2 HP, AquaView 3.14 sq ft sand filter (above ground pool installed in ground, so no main drain), TF-100 test kit w/SpeedStir, BBB, Liquidator.

7. Back To Top    #7

Thanks.....it us at a home depot and old
    Eugene, New Pool Noobie