Become a TFP Supporter Pool Math Forum Rules Pool School

Thread: Sealing conduit in a light niche

1. Back To Top    #1

Sealing conduit in a light niche

We are installing a new light in our IG pool(its now empty while it is getting redone).We ran the wire through the 1" pvc conduit.Do you normally seal the open end or do you leave it open and let pool water flow into the conduit.If you do seal it,what do you use.Thanks
    7500 Gallon IG Pool-Stayrite 3/4hp Max-E-Pro pump,Stayrite Modular DE 48 sq ft filter,Heat Siphon 5 hp digital heat pump,Hayward Navigator,Jandy valves and Poolpilot total control system.

2. Back To Top    #2
    Silver Spring, MD

Re: Sealing conduit in a light niche

You normally allow water to flow into the conduit. The conduit should be water tight up to a junction box well above the water line.
    19K gal, vinyl, 1/2 HP WhisperFlo pump, 200 sqft cartridge filter, AutoPilot Digital SWG, Dolphin Dynamic cleaning robot
    Creator of PoolMath and Pool Calculator. Other handy links: Support this site, TF Test Kits, Pool School

3. Back To Top    #3

Coastalish 'down easter'

Re: Sealing conduit in a light niche

As Jason said, they are left open on installation. Here in Ct, I've often seen the conduit break (from the freeze/ thaw cycle) and become a leak in the pool - when this happens, we pack 2 part epoxy- putty into the conduit to stop the leak. I strongly doubt that you will encounter any problems but, if you do - the epoxy- putty will solve it :thumright:
    Luv& Luk

Having done construction and service for 4 pool companies in 4 states starting in 1988, what I know about pools could fill a couple of books - what I don't know could fill a couple of libraries :-D

POOL SCHOOL, TF Testkits, Jason's Pool Calculator, CYA vs. cl chart, (Just a few DARNED handy links!)