for some time now and nothing helps!
I have been to the pool store buying everything they suggest
It's not helping my issue.
I have shocked and run the filter 24/7
Readings

Free chlorine 1.83
Combined chlorine 0
Ph 7.6

Welcome to TFP. How a bout a FULL set of test results? Any CYA in the pool? Using a salt water generator? Momentarily use the pool calculator in pool school and raise your FC to 5 or 6 using bleach---a gallon or so....... till we get some test numbers and more info.

Well you came to the right place. Your going to have to know the numbers of more tests than that before you get anything done. Did the pool store give you a print out of the test results they took?

If your willing to listen to the people here and forget what the pool store told you, then you will be in a whole lot better shape than you are now. You will only make things worse if you try to listen to both parties. The pool store failed you but the people here will not. Most people that have the same problem as you that I have seen here end of having to drain alot of water because of what the pool store told them. Im not saying every pool store sucks, but quite a few of them evidently dont know what they are doing. Click on the pool school and try to understand the inner workings of pool water chemistry. If you dont understand then someone here can help you.

What test kit are you using. You cant go by the pool store testing. You need a kit that will test higher than 5.0 ppm. One of the ones we recommend is the one you should have.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk.

I am a newbie at this so just the basic test strips I go to the store to have my water tested.
I had a smaller ag last season never had this problem so I didn't think
I would need any big test kit this year either.
Looks like I was wrong. I will order right away.

Pool looks awesome! First time all season it has been clear blue!
All readings are perfect after slamming all weekend vacuuming and sweeping.
Test kit was not to hard to learn. Thanks for the help.

mmarcher said:
Pool looks awesome! First time all season it has been clear blue!
All readings are perfect after slamming all weekend vacuuming and sweeping.
Test kit was not to hard to learn. Thanks for the help.

Good job. If you follow what is taught here you should always have crystal clear sparkly water. As in read a dime on the floor in the deep end water, no joke.

Enjoying this content?

Support TFP with a donation.

Give Support
Going on a week and the pool still looks awesome!
Readings are good daily and I am not having to kill myself keeping it this way.
Wish I would have found y'all at the start of the season!

Thanks again for all the advice.

Mona

Thread Status
Hello , This thread has been inactive for over 60 days. New postings here are unlikely to be seen or responded to by other members. For better visibility, consider Starting A New Thread.