Become a TFP Supporter Pool Math Forum Rules Pool School

Thread: Chlorine Test Question

1. Back To Top    #1

Chlorine Test Question

This morning I tested my water and chlorine was down to 3.5 ppm. I have been targeting 7 ppm recently because of a slight algae problem I have had lately and so I added about 110 ounces of bleach to get to 7.0 per my Pool Pal app.. I took a water sample to Leslie just for several hours later just for the heck of it and they found the following [in terms of chlorine]

FAC 4.0
    TAC 4.0

How could it be that I was at 3.5..added almost a gallon of bleach..and they came up with a reading of 4.0?? Is one of us way off???

My CYA is about 45 and pH is 7.6. Both my test and Leslie came up with the same numbers for those tests.

16 x 32 In-Ground vinyl, 21,000 Gallons, Hayward Cartridge Filter, Hayward Tiger Shark robotic cleaner, Taylor K-2006 Test Kit

2. Back To Top    #2

Re: Chlorine Test Question

What test kit are you using. If you have algae you need to SLAM.

Jeff
    24'x54" AG Morada RTR (by wilbar) 13'500 gal. Hayward Powerflo Matrix 1hp 2 speed. Hayward Perflex EC65 DE filter.

3. Back To Top    #3

Taylor K 2006. Water is crystal clear. Just a very few greenish patches on the walls that brush right off.

16 x 32 In-Ground vinyl, 21,000 Gallons, Hayward Cartridge Filter, Hayward Tiger Shark robotic cleaner, Taylor K-2006 Test Kit

4. Back To Top    #4

You can do an OCLT pool-school/overnight_fc_test to confirm if anything is consuming your chlorine. If you fail the test you need to SLAM.

Jeff
    24'x54" AG Morada RTR (by wilbar) 13'500 gal. Hayward Powerflo Matrix 1hp 2 speed. Hayward Perflex EC65 DE filter.

5. Back To Top    #5

Go with your test results not the pool store.

Jeff

6. Back To Top    #6

Greenish patches = algae = SLAM.
    16x32x52" Steel Cornelius Miramar AGP Vinyl liner 13,100 gal. Buried 2 ft.
    2 Speed Hayward Power-Flo Matrix 85 g.p.m. 22" 250lb. sand filter hard plumbed
    Pool Rover Jr., Pool Blaster Max, Diver Dave TF100 Test Kit/Speed Stir
    Margaritaville Frozen Concoction Maker, Liqour Chiller, & Drink Mixer & Party Tub----Collect 'um all!