AG Pool specs ok for salt?

VladSI

LifeTime Supporter
Jul 31, 2013
Staten Island, NY
Hello everyone,

I'd really like to go with a SWCG for my new AG pool but am concerned about rust. Most of the pool is resin, including the ladder. I'd love to hear from the more knowledgeable members of the board what their opinions are - especially any Aquasport pool owners. Here's a link to the pool specs: http://jerseychemicals.com/images/GrandeMilano-Brochure.pdf.

Any Staten Islanders (NY) on here?

Thanks!

I gave them a call and they said don't do it. I'm pretty sure that's the standard answer they give to cover their butts. The place that sold me the pool said I would be fine, however, I'm not going to put much weight into their opinion. I'd like to hear from AG/SWG owners with pool materials similar to mine and their opinion/experiences.

Losing the warranty doesn't really concern me all that much. I'm sure that regardless of what I do they'll always find a way to blame me if I were to make any claim. "What!? You put bleach in your pool? Claim denied - should have used trichlor tabs."

Well looking at the link you posted, I would think that you would be okay...but apparently your warranty wouldn't. The worst place I have with corrosion is the galvanized steel top channels, but not to be confused with the on mine...and it isn't too bad (3 years with salt, but pool is more like 12 years old). The other metal pool parts I have are bottom channels, steel wall, and various SS fastners...non of which appear to be having any problems.

http://www.autopilot.com/our-products/c ... l-Pilot-AG

Operates at 1000 ppm of NaCl (salt) but works in conjunction with other ingredients to provide the proper conductivity needed for the power supply to operate properly. The problem with above ground pools is that any splash out water can collect at the rails, channels, etc. When the water evaporates, the remaining salt level will be elevated and increase the potential for corrosion.
However, making sure you periodically rinse these areas where the pool water may splash out and collect will prevent corrosion issues.
Areas of the country with regular rainfall, or if there is a sprinkler system hitting these areas will provide the rinsing off needed.
Arid areas of the country will require you to hose it off.

Thread Status
Hello , This thread has been inactive for over 60 days. New postings here are unlikely to be seen or responded to by other members. For better visibility, consider Starting A New Thread.