Become a TFP Supporter Pool Math Forum Rules Pool School

Thread: Rusted Bottom Straps

1. Back To Top    #1

Rusted Bottom Straps

I have just acquired a 16'x32' above ground pool. We just disassembled and found that the steel straps on the bottom were rusted and broken. Where can i get replacements for these? I was wondering if I could just use treated lumber for ground contact, nylon strapping, or steel cable in place of these.
    What do you think?

2. Back To Top    #2

Re: Rusted Bottom Straps

Welcome to tfp, causeofhim

My first reaction is that the pool is not worth installing. What shape is the rest of it?

I may be wrong though...do you know the brand/model of the pool?

One thought is to install the pool just like one would install an oval with a deep end. When installed like that, I think the straps are not used. When using that approach, I don't think it is necessary to actually do a deep end (though I would recommend it).
    TFP Expert who uses Pool School and my TF100 test kit along with PoolMath for my: Round 11K gallon AGP with deep end, 20" sand filter, Matrix 1hp 2spd, 6 2ftX20ft solar panels (and solar cover!), Intex SWCG (copper bars disconnected) and a Rubadub hot tub (chlorine). The SLAM process is not finished until: 1. CC < 0.5 ppm, 2. An OCLT < 1.0 ppm and, 3. The water is crystal clear.

3. Back To Top    #3

A couple of the side supports are bent, an easy fix, but the rest of the pool is in great shape. How do I install with out bottom straps?

4. Back To Top    #4

How do I install with out bottom straps?

5. Back To Top    #5

This is a site that has some information on it and links to more: http://www.shadebuilder.com/Above-Gr...irections.html
    TFP Expert who uses Pool School and my TF100 test kit along with PoolMath for my: Round 11K gallon AGP with deep end, 20" sand filter, Matrix 1hp 2spd, 6 2ftX20ft solar panels (and solar cover!), Intex SWCG (copper bars disconnected) and a Rubadub hot tub (chlorine). The SLAM process is not finished until: 1. CC < 0.5 ppm, 2. An OCLT < 1.0 ppm and, 3. The water is crystal clear.