Become a TFP Supporter Pool Math Forum Rules Pool School

Thread: Hayward Robotic vs ????

1. Back To Top    #1

Austin, TX

Hayward Robotic vs ????

I'm debating on cleaners and reading through many of these threads. Wow - information overload! I haven't read much about Hayward SharkVac or Tiger Shark. Does anyone have any feedback on either of those cleaners? I was leaning heavily toward Dolphin, but am concerned about the motors going out and expensive cost of replacement. The Aquabots seem to be fairly user serviceable, so that's attractive to me as well. Thanks in advance!
    34x17 Freeform Gunite IGP and spa (approx 17k gal)
    Hayward 2HP/2SP TriStar Filter Pump & Tristar Booster
    ProLogic PS-8 and AquaPod
    400k Heater
    CLI Sunstone Quartz Plaster

2. Back To Top    #2

Re: Hayward Robotic vs ????

Five years on a TigerShark here. Only replaced the filters and did lose a tread due to getting hung on a return occasional hangs on the drain. If I had to do it again, I would still purchase the same thing. Does a good job and easy to clean/operate. Just my $ .02. Good Luck!!
    16,000 IG, SWG, 175 sq. ft. cartridge, 1.5 hp pump, vinyl, Charlotte NC
    TF-100, Pool School, Pool-Calc

3. Back To Top    #3

Hamilton, Oh

Re: Hayward Robotic vs ????

I have been using a dolphin MP3 for my first year owning a pool and love it. I am surprised how well the pleated filters get the dirty that settles in the deep end crease of my liner. I have it set to run every day for about 2 hours and it gets it done. Clean the filters once a week and ready to go.

Sent from my DROID RAZR using Tapatalk 4 Beta
    Seablue Grecian IG 18' x 37'(3' to 8' depth), Pentair Superflo 1hp(SF-N1-1A), Pentair Sand Dollar SD80, CircuPool RJ60 SWCG,1 x Intellibrite 5G Color LED, Diving Board, Home Made Solar Tube Heating System
    Future Additions - IntellifloVS, Landscaping(DIY and Contracted-Under Construction)