What to do?

Irishterrier74

LifeTime Supporter
May 30, 2013
Hey all,

I had the pool looking great. I'm hosting a party Saturday. I just noticed a patch of something on the deep end. I brushed it and it gone.

My readings were

CYA ~60
FC 6
CC 0

I bumped the FC up to about 9. I'm afraid if I go all the way to shock level. The pool won't be usable for Saturday. The water is still crystal and I was encouraged that the CC was still 0.

What do you think? Should it be ok?

I would say do an OCLT tonight just to see. You can leave the FC where it is, just test it after the sun is off the pool and in the morning before it hits the pool. If you fail the OCLT you can just leave the FC a bit high up to and through your party, then SLAM after the party. If you pass then it may have just been dirt.

Interesting post. I also had patches of "something" yesterday. It was an orange/green slime that I assume had to be algae. My CC was also 0. I brushed the walls and floor and raised my FC to shock level last night just to be on the safe side.

I think you will be fine raising yours up to shock level. The FC will drop enough for people to swim Saturday. Anything below shock level is safe for swimming.

Enjoy your party!

Enjoying this content?

Support TFP with a donation.

Give Support
Thread Status
Hello , This thread has been inactive for over 60 days. New postings here are unlikely to be seen or responded to by other members. For better visibility, consider Starting A New Thread.