Become a TFP Supporter Pool Math Forum Rules Pool School

Thread: What to do?

1. Back To Top    #1

What to do?

Hey all,

I had the pool looking great. I'm hosting a party Saturday. I just noticed a patch of something on the deep end. I brushed it and it gone.

My readings were

CYA ~60
    FC 6
    CC 0

I bumped the FC up to about 9. I'm afraid if I go all the way to shock level. The pool won't be usable for Saturday. The water is still crystal and I was encouraged that the CC was still 0.

What do you think? Should it be ok?
    20K gal. IG. vinyl. 21" Hayward sand. 3/4 hp

2. Back To Top    #2

In the Industry

Re: What to do?

I would say do an OCLT tonight just to see. You can leave the FC where it is, just test it after the sun is off the pool and in the morning before it hits the pool. If you fail the OCLT you can just leave the FC a bit high up to and through your party, then SLAM after the party. If you pass then it may have just been dirt.
    JD - 28' Round Above Ground Pool, 17,000 Gallons. Dual speed Jacuzzi pump with cartridge filter. Dual speed 1 HP pump, Hayward S210T sand filter
    Pool School - PoolMath - HIGHLY Recommended Test Kits

3. Back To Top    #3

Interesting post. I also had patches of "something" yesterday. It was an orange/green slime that I assume had to be algae. My CC was also 0. I brushed the walls and floor and raised my FC to shock level last night just to be on the safe side.

I think you will be fine raising yours up to shock level. The FC will drop enough for people to swim Saturday. Anything below shock level is safe for swimming.

Enjoy your party!
    AG 18' X 52" Round Pacifica Pool w/ Metal Diamond Unibead Liner. Installed in March 2007.
    2.5 HP Baquapure 2 Speed Pump, 200 GPM Waterway ProClean Cartridge Filter System.

Former Baquacil user
    Converted to BBB in Fall of 2009 - Now I have a truly trouble free pool!

4. Back To Top    #4

Jeff
    24'x54" AG Morada RTR (by wilbar) 13'500 gal. Hayward Powerflo Matrix 1hp 2 speed. Hayward Perflex EC65 DE filter.

5. Back To Top    #5

Right. I planned to do the OCLT tonight. I'm feeling a little better about it.

6. Back To Top    #6

You can swim up to shock level, and if you elevate FC tonight all the way, it will be well below by Saturday. To paraphrase that old saying a little: A jug in time saves nine.
    16K freeform gunite with spa; Pentair 4000 DE filter; Century Whisperflow 1 HP; Pentair Minimax heater.
    Troublefree does not mean Maintenancefree. It's like brushing your teeth: You can spend a couple minutes a day and pennies a week or go to the dentist once a year and spend several thousand dollars.
    A pool is like a pet - you have to feed it every day, even the days you don't want to play with it!

7. Back To Top    #7

Ok. That's what I'll do. Thanks.

8. Back To Top    #8

The party was a raging success. One people will talk about for years. I'm not really bragging just stating the facts.

Thanks, y'all

9. Back To Top    #9

Quote Originally Posted by Irishterrier74
    The party was a raging success. One people will talk about for years. I'm not really bragging just stating the facts.

Thanks, y'all
    16K freeform gunite with spa; Pentair 4000 DE filter; Century Whisperflow 1 HP; Pentair Minimax heater.
    Troublefree does not mean Maintenancefree. It's like brushing your teeth: You can spend a couple minutes a day and pennies a week or go to the dentist once a year and spend several thousand dollars.
    A pool is like a pet - you have to feed it every day, even the days you don't want to play with it!

10. Back To Top    #10

Ha! Not big on taking pictures. Never have been. If someone sends some I'll post em.