cya test

Jul 11, 2013
hello everyone. ok, i have the tf 100 test kit, when i test my cya i hold the tube waist level and i fill till i can't see the black dot, i look at the level of the water and get my reading. i hold it back down to my waist and i can see the black dot again, so i fill it some more till it disappears again and check the reading, when i put it back waist level, i see the dot again, its less visible then the first time, then i add more. by the third time the dot disappears for good. my question is what's my reading the first one or when the dot is gone for good?

As you fill the tube, be careful not to make bubbles. They will obscure the black dot at first and then as they clear you will see the dot again. Maybe that is what is happening.

It definitely takes practice. The first few times you might want to fill the tube and take your reading, and then pour the water back into the mixing vial and take another reading to see if they agree. With practice will come consistency.

Thread Status
Hello , This thread has been inactive for over 60 days. New postings here are unlikely to be seen or responded to by other members. For better visibility, consider Starting A New Thread.