Air Supply Blower 220 to 120V

Thanks - I was looking to see if you can change the wiring inside a 220V blower to make it run on 120V or if I can just wire as 120V and the motor will burn out sooner as it may be designed to start-up and run on lower amps.

Thats what it looks like to me also. The illustration says dont hook 220 to a 110 volt blower but nothing about the other way around. Also the blowers/pumps they sell nowadays are configured to run either or for the most part.

Do not hook a 220 volt motor to 110 volts or a 110 volt motor to 220 volts. You will ruin the motor.

According to the linked document they can be wired either way, but it doesn't tell you how to change it.
There should be a wiring diagram on the side of the motor that shows how to wire it.

Enjoying this content?

Support TFP with a donation.

Give Support
I have a 220V blower that works (spare) and my friends 120V died.

I will be taking apart the 120v system and checking out the motor. Not a lot of use, so I doubt the brushes are bad, but will look at the contacts for rust etc. Not much to the motors.

Actually just replaced the motor on my Beam central vac and they are almost identical motors.

If I cant fix the 120V motor I will most likely just buy a new blower for $123 at the pool supply store and be done.

If I discover anything interesting I will let all know.

Thanks

B

Just a note you CAN NOT interchange these spa blower motors. They are either a 220 or 120V motor.

I will however replace the brushes in the old blower to use for a spare. Brushes on motor were gone on one side. Other side was OK?

Otherwise its a simple motor replacement for those that prefer to fix things VS just buying new.

Thread Status
Hello , This thread has been inactive for over 60 days. New postings here are unlikely to be seen or responded to by other members. For better visibility, consider Starting A New Thread.