Spa Skimmer Not Working

Jul 19, 2013
I am a brand new pool owner. I just purchased a 19 year old house with a 20,000 gallon gunite pool with a spa that is located next to the pool, and appears to have a pass-through connection between the two. I have been checking the two pool skimmers, but since the heater has been broken, we have not used the spa. Yesterday I noticed that the spa had a skimmer cover (spa has been covered the two weeks I have owned the house), and I opened it to clean it out and discovered that it is not sucking. Admittedly, I am no expert with valves, etc, but when I check the spa valves, they appear to be all the way open for the skimmer and almost all the way open for the floor drain. Could the skimmer line be clogged in some way, or are there other valves that I may be missing?

Welcome to tfp, gmtrill :wave:

The line could be plugged. You could try to push a hose from the pump side down the pipe and see if that loosens something.

It might help us if you posted a picture of your pad and the valves, etc.

Thread Status
Hello , This thread has been inactive for over 60 days. New postings here are unlikely to be seen or responded to by other members. For better visibility, consider Starting A New Thread.