Cleaning your test block

gtemkin

LifeTime Supporter
Jun 7, 2008
Seattle, WA
Just thought I'd mention that although it may be necessary to get more aggressive, I noticed a simple rinse in hot water was all that my color test blocks needed to clear up. I do all my testing outside, and my blocks are just rinsed in pool water. Over time they've gotten a little cloudy, but after cleaning up from a small fire I had in my pump room, I brought the test blocks inside and rinsed them in hot water. Seemed to have improved their clarity a bunch.

I do the same with mine...
On a side note. Starting as a career firefighter and investigator, did you find out what happened? I have seen powdered chlorine and hydrocarbons start fires. I have not run into MA fires.

Sorry I did not follow your other post.

Hey it could happen to anyone. Looks like your very lucky. I was called to one about a month ago. Started in a plastic trash can next to the house and under the eve. They made a good stop but it was a lot of damage. The owner told me he put ashes in the day prior to the fire. Took them that long to smolder and catch.

Onto the test block, I also clean the dpd spoon. It turns almost black and caked till it's just about filled. It's stained but it does turn back into a spoon. :goodjob:

Thread Status
Hello , This thread has been inactive for over 60 days. New postings here are unlikely to be seen or responded to by other members. For better visibility, consider Starting A New Thread.