Become a TFP Supporter Pool Math Forum Rules Pool School

Thread: Cleaning your test block

1. Back To Top    #1

Cleaning your test block

Just thought I'd mention that although it may be necessary to get more aggressive, I noticed a simple rinse in hot water was all that my color test blocks needed to clear up. I do all my testing outside, and my blocks are just rinsed in pool water. Over time they've gotten a little cloudy, but after cleaning up from a small fire I had in my pump room, I brought the test blocks inside and rinsed them in hot water. Seemed to have improved their clarity a bunch.
    21K gal 16' x 40' in-ground pool built 1959, old school with Jacuzzi bronze pump, American Products 24" Sand Filter & Americana Multiport valve, Jandy Lite2 millivolt heater, Coverstar cover, and classic Kreepy Krauly.

2. Back To Top    #2

Re: Cleaning your test block

I do the same with mine...
    On a side note. Starting as a career firefighter and investigator, did you find out what happened? I have seen powdered chlorine and hydrocarbons start fires. I have not run into MA fires.
    17500 gallon Doughboy AGP, Hayward DE filter, waiting for the 1.5hp DB pump to go out.
    Learn to take the advice here and be trouble free or use the pool store's advice. "You can't do both and get very far"

3. Back To Top    #3

It was caused by a simple mistake that my wife made. She's been under very severe stress lately and didn't think about what you and I know of as the basics of fire safety. I mention the cause here:

http://www.troublefreepool.com/fire-...gs-t67612.html
    21K gal 16' x 40' in-ground pool built 1959, old school with Jacuzzi bronze pump, American Products 24" Sand Filter & Americana Multiport valve, Jandy Lite2 millivolt heater, Coverstar cover, and classic Kreepy Krauly.

4. Back To Top    #4

Sorry I did not follow your other post.

Hey it could happen to anyone. Looks like your very lucky. I was called to one about a month ago. Started in a plastic trash can next to the house and under the eve. They made a good stop but it was a lot of damage. The owner told me he put ashes in the day prior to the fire. Took them that long to smolder and catch.

Onto the test block, I also clean the dpd spoon. It turns almost black and caked till it's just about filled. It's stained but it does turn back into a spoon.
    17500 gallon Doughboy AGP, Hayward DE filter, waiting for the 1.5hp DB pump to go out.
    Learn to take the advice here and be trouble free or use the pool store's advice. "You can't do both and get very far"