AquaPure 1400

Aug 1, 2013
Hello , and thank you ahead of time. I am I guess a good Samaritan helping my neighbor's wife. Both are elderly and he is in a Nursing home for a while. I noticed that there pool has not been making enough chlorine for a month. I cleaned the cell (very clogged) 1/5th acid to 4/5ths water. It cleaned perfectly in 3 minutes and started working. They have a pool guy but he is basically a handy man type. Not a pro service . He had been adding chlorine and I asked him why...he said it was low on salt. I said "do ya think you could ad salt please" He added salt last week without turning production to 00.

So...the delema. I here the pool beeping next door. I never here that. I go through the bushes and before I tend to the beeping sound I turn my attention to a gurgling sound of air. The sound the pool make in the first few seconds it comes on (at least this one does). Holey Cow, I knew it was well past come on time so I open the pool screen (separated from the house) and look for what I thought could be the only other problem. UHG...the water volume of the pool had gone down far enough for the strainer to start sucking air...lots and lots of air. I go up to the control panel and see 194 and 125 code "clean'.."bad Cell".

I turned off the hole system, filled pool back to normal and turn it back on. eventual same code.

Will a cell go bad if it is just sitting mostly dry from this scenario? Thank you again for your time. Mark

Sitting dry shouldn't hurt the cell at all. If there was air in the cell the flow switch should have shut it down and therefore it wouldn't be hurt. I'd be more worried about the salt being added with the cell still on.

I'd try cleaning the cell again and see what happens.

It is the newer one. The salt is reading 3.4-3.5. I did clean it again. Maybe 30 seconds because it did not fiz but a tiny bit. I noticed the center plug post pushes in some like it is loose and drops into the unit.

It is a relief being reminded of the low flow sensor. Had I known at the time about the salt I would have told him but again, this is not my pool and I learned with google a ton during the last few days. The loose post certainly seems bad. I am thinking I need to pour in some liquid chlorine until the issue is fixed. Is this a good stand by plan?

It seems to be fairly simple to replace.. The DC plug and the unit. Since I am getting a reading of "reversing', 'flow', 'salinity' and so on, can I conclude the the sensor and the rest fine and this is probably a case of replacing the unit? Thx again. I assume the procedure is to turn off power and proceed just like when I clean it. the owner had the sensor on the side and the plug of course on the side. It seems from my reading that the sensor is best on bottom with the plug on top. I am seeing that new units can be found for around 5h

This has been some very friendly help. .Thank you for the input so far. :) these people are very elderly...she is alone while his future is un certain after a fall head injury. She has no idea about pools or what I am doing or spending, but if she did , she would thank you too. her husband used to take care of the pool.

Enjoying this content?

Support TFP with a donation.

Give Support
He usually has it set at 64% 12 hours a day and at times boosts it when he does not see the production he likes. At times he would have it backed down to 45%. He would say the volume is 25,000G but I have always politely known it to be less. I just did a calculator and it seems to be about 16,800.The "Clormatic3" that runs the system says 'not for use over 15,000 gallons' The pool is 9 years old. I remember that about 4 years after he had the pool the cell started to fail. he called the guy that built it and then the builders supplier. I can not remember all that ensued ....but I do remember he had at least two or three replacements before it worked again.
He is a senior and a chemist machine tech retired... Somewhat always right. His pool is showing DI around the bottom, so I mentioned that he has a hole in one of the filters. He replaced them years ago and I talked him into saving the good ones in his shed. When I mentioned this ....he thought I was crazy "I never changed my filters" (I helped him do it) Any way, since he is away for now at a Nursing Home, I changed the filters. 3 were bad and the old ones paid off. He literally had a bus tub of DI in the filter. I know because I saved it all to see how much. The Center area of the filter was solid all the way down and each filter had over 2 inches.. I had to remove the system one filter at a time do to the weight.

Below is the Cell inside center post view. It appears to be deteriorating as well as being loose. Lacking as well is the metal plate like the other. The plate is there but it is back farther.

Below is the new one. It appears completely perfect.

Below is the two side by side. The new one says 1400 and cost me 350.00 that included shipping and new DC plug as well as the Controller end plug cap.

The process oof changing them minus picture time was maybe 2 minutes. The pool had not showed any chlorine for two days now. I poured liquid in three days ago. II turned the system on and set it at 50%. It took2 minutes to cycle and I did a water test again. The pool showed ZERO chlorine (Expected). I then took a sample from the jet ....It read chlorine like off the scale.. :)

Thread Status
Hello , This thread has been inactive for over 60 days. New postings here are unlikely to be seen or responded to by other members. For better visibility, consider Starting A New Thread.