Become a TFP Supporter Pool Math Forum Rules Pool School

Thread: Yet another vacation question

1. Back To Top    #1

Yet another vacation question

I'll be gone for a week with nobody to look after things. Here are my current numbers...

FC 12
    CC 0
    pH 7.6
    TA 110
    CYA 90

I cannot do a large scale drain and refill to get my CYA down, I plan on doing that at the beginning of next season. So I just need to work with what I've got. I do currently have in my possession:

Enough bleach to raise pool to shock level
    A bucket of 3" trichlor pucks and a floater (from last season)
    A couple bags of sodium dichloro granular "shock"
    A dark blue solar cover

Any recommendations?
    - Max

2. Back To Top    #2

Re: Yet another vacation question

Do you know about how much FC you lose per day ?

What I'm getting at is seeing if you can bring it to shock level and not drop out of range with the cover on till you get back. The pucks will add more CYA and it's already high.

Jeff
    24'x54" AG Morada RTR (by wilbar) 13'500 gal. Hayward Powerflo Matrix 1hp 2 speed. Hayward Perflex EC65 DE filter.

3. Back To Top    #3

Typically 1-2 FC per day. And when we were having 95 degree weather full sun days it was closer to 3-4 FC per day. Forecast looks like high 70's low 80's and partly cloudy for most of the week I'll be gone.
    - Max

4. Back To Top    #4

There's a high shock level of 49. That would prop keep you in range. It's for mustard algae.

Pucks are the other option. With the cover on and a FC level of 23 do ya think you could make it ?

Jeff
    24'x54" AG Morada RTR (by wilbar) 13'500 gal. Hayward Powerflo Matrix 1hp 2 speed. Hayward Perflex EC65 DE filter.

5. Back To Top    #5

Is your pump on a timer ?

Jeff

6. Back To Top    #6

Not sure if that high shock level is ok with a vinyl liner.

Jeff

7. Back To Top    #7

ok, well here is what I did...

Brought the FC up to 20 with bleach. Then put 4 pucks in the floater and solar cover on. We'll see.
    - Max

8. Back To Top    #8

Next season when you drain and refill use our methods of pool maintenance and you won't have high CYA levels. If they were in the 30-50 range 40 being nice you would have some room for just a case like this.

When you return and if the pool went south we can help you out. I think you should be ok.

Jeff