Jandy No Flow Light ... STILL

We have a Jandy SWG that's brand new this spring as is the entire pool. The last 3 - 4 weeks we've been struggling with the No Flow light coming on all the time. I'm talking once every other day or so. The only fix is to backflush then it starts working again. The pool company came out and cleaned out the filter on Friday and the no flow light was back on Tuesday afternoon. A quick backflush gets it working again but doing this (backflushing) every 2 days isn't right. The pool company said to turn the pump up to the highest setting of 4 which doesn't seem right but we did it anyway. That worked for 24 hours then the no flow light came on again. I'm really at a loss and the pool company is less than helpful. 1) I'm not sure why the no flow light keeps coming on and 2) I'm not 100% sure the system is working properly at all. Any suggestion on next steps would be very much appreciated.

Re: Jandy No Flow Light

The SWG might be working properly as it does work after backwashing the filter. Have you noticed if the flow is restricted at the pool returns and is the pressure increasing on the filter pressure gauge?

Make sure the sensor cable is plugged in securely at all locations. It might be a slightly unplugged cable which will cause these symptoms as well.

If the filter pressure is increasing that much every couple of days, even weeks, something is wrong with the water chemistry. Can you post your test results? Have you inspected inside the cell to make sure nothing is blocking or building up in the cell?

I'm going to run the tests tonight so I'll post the results then. The pool installer never showed me how to open the cell so I'm a little nervous to start pulling on it. It was just installed 2 months ago. Based on your comment and me being a complete novice, where would I find the sensor cable you're referring to?

You should have a three port cell with one of the ports having a cable going to the center of the port. This is the tri-sensor cable and it should have a small circuit board on the end that plugs into the main electric board inside the SWG panel box. Make sure you push on all cable connections inside the SWG panel box. The cable connects to a small circuit board and the small board connects to the main board, make sure they are fully seated.

SWG No Flow Light On STILL

Merged by moderator. Please keep your related posts together. Thanks, jblizzle

We'll we're still having problems with our SWG. The no flow light keeps coming on our Jandy SWG and no one can seem to fix it. It's brand new as of this spring so it should still be under warranty. The first time the PI came out (on this issue at least) they completely cleaned out the DE filter because he was 99.9% sure that was it. It wasn't. Today at 11:00am he came out again and replaced the sensor and the cell so those are new. My wife had to leave for a doctor appointment and when she got home at 5:00 the no flow light was on again. It seems to work for a VERY short period of time when we run a recirculate or backflush but this is only hours that it will work again. Was a period of time we were backflushing 2 times a day which can't be right. The only thing that hasn't been replaced yet is the Jandy controller itself. Anu chance that could be it? Is there anything else I should look for? A specifc blockage somewhere? Anything? I'm really at the end of my rope as this is just the latest in a VERY VERY long list of problems we've had with the installer and the project. Can anyone help??????

If you keep the filter in recirculate does the SWG work all the time? What speed are you running the pump at, do you change the speed at any time?

I just noticed that this is the Ei model not the Aquapure 1400 so the 3 port and cable post above have nothing to do with this unit. Your flow rate needs to be between 40 and 92 gpm, if it doesn't fall between those numbers the flow switch is working correctly. If for some reason your plumbing is causing bubbles to form inside the cell that could lead to a no flow warning.

Enjoying this content?

Support TFP with a donation.

Give Support
Thread Status
Hello , This thread has been inactive for over 60 days. New postings here are unlikely to be seen or responded to by other members. For better visibility, consider Starting A New Thread.