Pool/Deck just finished it... 2 month project

Aug 1, 2013
I used this site for help with many of my challenge during the installation of my pool and the surrounding deck... the pool is a 18x34 abg.... I wanted to share some of the pictures from the project...

The pool was installed during the end of April, and deck started after that... hope this gives ideas to others...

The following is after pool is in and setup..
[attachment=2:2xvp9053]IMG_0046_small.JPG[/attachment:2xvp9053]

This is after framing and joists are installed..
[attachment=1:2xvp9053]IMG_0059_small.JPG[/attachment:2xvp9053]

Deck completed...
[attachment=0:2xvp9053]20130729_small.jpg[/attachment:2xvp9053]

Attachments

• IMG_0046_small.JPG
    IMG_0046_small.JPG
    217.1 KB · Views: 251
  • IMG_0059_small.JPG
    IMG_0059_small.JPG
    221 KB · Views: 251
  • 20130729_small.jpg
    20130729_small.jpg
    232 KB · Views: 251
Chiblue said:
Glad you like the cushion. Tubes and old mattresses work well. Thanks just got my final inspection today. No problems just need that hot weather back...

Looks great! Do you have stairs going from the house to the ladder-side of the pool?

Sometimes I wish we had an AGP instead of IGP. It is a pain in the *** to keep out grass clippings after mowing. We don't have trees in our backyard or neighbor trees.

Great deck! We just finished ours as well. It's do nice to be able to just get right in without having to climb around all the joists! :) I'm curious about your pool cover? Where did you get that, and how does it attach? The only ones I've seen go over the rails? I need to get one soon . . .

Here's our deck:
521644_10151782268606944_1335081803_n.jpg

The deck and pool look beautiful. I am wondering about the "cushioning". Why do that and do the inner tubes not deflate after time? Never saw that done before. Did you use the noodles for cushioning as we;;? and where?
I have a small deck on my pool per my request now wanting to go bigger. Hubby said he can attach another section next year if I really want one. Of course asked why I wanted small in the first place as he planned to go big but I said not to bother it is just the 2 of us. Honestly just wanted a landing spot for myself but now would like to have a lounge chair or 2 up there instead of sitting chairs.

Enjoying this content?

Support TFP with a donation.

Give Support
finydb - Nice deck, great job on facing the sides, looks very clean, I need to get mine done hope it looks that cleen and yes it's good not to take life and limb in risk just to swim. Kids are loving it there major fun is cannon balls (yeah I know not jumping or diving - told them butt first only) The solar reel is a Horizon NV reel, it is supposed to fit on the rail but I got a larger one (my pool is 18') I got the 24' and bolted it to the deck, I did not want to put screws in my rails. Found it online for just under $200 with it I can get the cover off quickly and putting it on is a breeze. When not in use it swings over to the right... I can also be removed easily for parties and winter..

Reel position when swimming...
[attachment=0:cf8nn9ee]20130725_071613_small.jpg[/attachment:cf8nn9ee]

Attachments

• 20130725_071613_small.jpg
    20130725_071613_small.jpg
    256.3 KB · Views: 106
Gator Fan - I was lucky with the pool height it worked out that the pool was exactly the right height to run from my existing deck... see picture below when I framing.... you can see the new deck runs level onto the main yard access... can't believe it, I was expecting one step up or down at least...

Showing framing to existing deck..
[attachment=0:2rjg7tma]IMG_0056_small.JPG[/attachment:2rjg7tma]

Attachments

• IMG_0056_small.JPG
    IMG_0056_small.JPG
    174.4 KB · Views: 104
connie, I have learned from bitter experience that when my wife wants something different than myself, best policy go along with it otherwise life is not fun. although this said we had our own moments, my wife did not want the security fencing between our existing deck and the pool. Given the code and inspectors we had no choice... was tense... I had to stand my ground on that one otherwise we would never have passed inspection, but like you if she wanted a smaller deck then I would have complied... My other motivation was I hate cutting grass so the more I can cover the better.... lol

Thread Status
Hello , This thread has been inactive for over 60 days. New postings here are unlikely to be seen or responded to by other members. For better visibility, consider Starting A New Thread.