changing font type or size

blacknblu said:
i haven't found a way to change the font of the message boards yet. the topics are a bit blocky and appear to run together on my screen. am i missing something obvious?

thanks!

greg

Same question here, I'm using 1280 * 1024 resolution under Windows 2000 and this is what I get:

Difficult to read the headlines. Thanks,

Changing the resolution did not change much, just stretched and skewed the same text.

Increasing the font size +1 in Firefox does produce a better looking font, but it's like blind man size now. Not sure I can take it.

Attachments

• TFPTopics2.jpg
    TFPTopics2.jpg
    44.3 KB · Views: 117
I think I may know what the problem is..

Same question here, I'm using 1280 * 1024 resolution under Windows 2000 and this is what I get:

The font that this site uses, think it might be trebuchet ms, may not be standard on Windows 2000. I'm sure there are sites where you obtain the font.

That's my best guess. The fact that it looks right for me and serveral others users with different displays seems to indicate it's on your end.

HTH

It's smallish here on the Mac running FF. Mac users have the ability to increase font display size using the key combination CMD +, which makes it easy to configure individual sites.

My very limited understanding of ms type fonts is that they use a built-in scaling agent which communicates with the display engine of either the browser or the OS. When I open TFP with Safari I get a slightly larger, crisper display than in FireFox, requiring no font size adjustment.

I've learned to live with the new font, but today it started to bug me again. I downloaded a FF plug-in that displayed the font for the selected text. The font came up as Lucida Grande. After looking around this seems to be a Mac font that many PC users have problems with. I also saw a note that installing Safari will install the font on my PC. I took a stab at it and while it does display nice in Safai, in FF is still is blotchy and mushed together.

Here is a sample, left is Safari and right is FF.

Attachments

• SafariVsFirefox.jpg
    SafariVsFirefox.jpg
    82.7 KB · Views: 59
Thread Status
Hello , This thread has been inactive for over 60 days. New postings here are unlikely to be seen or responded to by other members. For better visibility, consider Starting A New Thread.