Another Intellichem Question

Jul 12, 2013
We are in the process of building a pool. We will be installing some automation equipment including the Intellichem which I am really excited about (but I know it is probably overkill). In reading the manual, there is a reference to a bypass line. I was thinking of setting up a bypass line whereby the line would have the ph and orp sensors, the acid injector and the clorine injector. I had a similar set up with a large salt water aquarium at one time and I like the idea of getting rid of the canister. The issue that I see is making sure that there is water in the line at all times even if the pool pump is off and loses pressure temporarily (so that the probes are not ruined). I think this can be handled by U turn before and after the loop.

So my idea would be to use flexible pvc to split off of the main line and then go off to the side where we have the dosing equipment, it does its thing and is attached to a stand or the side of the pool house for stability, and then the return comes back with flexible pvc back to be returned to the pool. I would probably throw in a flow valve for good measure. Seems to be simple and clean.

Is this a good idea or bad?

Here is a description of how the by-pass line would work. I like the fact that I can take it online and offline easily and maybe even take it in for the winter. But I still do not know if this is a good idea.

Thread Status
Hello , This thread has been inactive for over 60 days. New postings here are unlikely to be seen or responded to by other members. For better visibility, consider Starting A New Thread.