Compupool leak

Jul 25, 2010
Seeking for help, I recently installed a Compupool (CPSC 36) SWG. I had to replace the clear salt cover with a new one and compupool sent me two new o-rings and two Flat Washers. I am getting a leak and I tried pretty much everything, I used silicone seal, teflon, etc. but nothing stops the leak. The O-rings are new, therefore there should not be a problem there. any suggestions/advise? Here are some pictures of my problem.

Attachments

• 20130801_095758.jpg
    20130801_095758.jpg
    61.5 KB · Views: 96
  • 20130801_095803.jpg
    20130801_095803.jpg
    58 KB · Views: 94
  • 20130801_095808.jpg
    20130801_095808.jpg
    29.2 KB · Views: 90
looks like you have quite a bit of "scaly" build u around those threads...I'd take the unions apart, and clean everything up good. Then reinstall the rubber gaskets and O rings according to your owners manual. teflon tape and/or pipe dope are not needed on these setups. I think your threads are just too gunked up right now creating the leak.

Also look for hairline cracks in the cell housing (clear part). I had a crack in mine on the end where the cell is installed and could never get the leak to stop. Compupool sent me a new one under warranty...

I cleaned everything (removed the teflon) and all other stuff; I corrected the leak on the (return) pipe, but now I have a big leak on the inlet pipe. I have tried everything. I also tried using the O-ring and washer simultaneously but that does not solves the issue. I will try to upload the pictures later... It is very frustrating, this salt system is awesome, but my previous equipment was way superior on the design for this type of connection....

I hate to have a leak and waste chemicals and salt! :rant:

I have no cracks on the pipes or the housing (new housing), O-rings and washers are new (there should not be an issue) So has anyone else experienced a similar issue, how did you solved it?

Thread Status
Hello , This thread has been inactive for over 60 days. New postings here are unlikely to be seen or responded to by other members. For better visibility, consider Starting A New Thread.