Become a TFP Supporter Pool Math Forum Rules Pool School

Thread: Vacation time!

1. Back To Top    #1

Vacation time!

I went away for a couple of days. Before I left, I brought my FC up to 16 and put on the solar cover. I have nobody around to maintain my pool while I am gone. When I got back, the pool was cloudy. These are my totals for this morning.

FC - 3
    CC - 0
    PH - 7.2
    TA - 160
    CYA - 40
    CH - 260

I just added Liquid Chlorine to bring the FC up to 18. SLAM

I have a Frog Chlorinator, which I have not used since last year when I converted to the BBB Method. My question is this: When I go away for a period of time, could I turn on the Frog and use it for chlorinating my water? I have the cartridges and everything needed to do this. I just quit using it when someone from TFP told me to turn it off when I converted to the BBB method.

Have a great day, everyone!
    Installed Sept 2008. 18 x 36 Flatback Kidney Radiant, Vinyl liner 25,000 inground, Hayward Max-Flo 1 HP Pool Pump SP2807X10 (runs 24/7) , Hayward Pro-Series High Rate Sand Filter Model #S244T, Hayward Heat Pro, Frog chlorinator is turned off, TF-100 Test kit

Location is Toronto, Ohio, overlooking the Mighty Ohio River. My river days are done. Sold the boat and Waverunner and now prefer a pool over the river.

2. Back To Top    #2

Rochester, NY

Re: Vacation time!

I do, see the recent thread here discussing it. (Also See my sig)
    Installed June 2012 Aqua Leader 24ft Round AG Influence w/54 inch walls 13,500 gallons
    Cartridge Filter 100SF, 1.5HP
    Aqua Plus Smarte System - In for vacations, BBB all the way.
    Love my PVC Solar Cover Hangers