Become a TFP Supporter Pool Math Forum Rules Pool School
Results 1 to 9 of 9

Thread: Should I cancel pb?

  1. Back To Top    #1

    Should I cancel pb?

    I have no idea if I'm getting frustrated over something that just happens when you build or if I should cancel contract.

    Pb keeps pushing us back. Said 3-4 weeks when we signed. Last week he said again 3-4 weeks. When we signed he said end of july early aug latest...now we are in aug and no start date in sight.

    Im to the point where I'm going to cancel, but I'm not sure if it just takes long and I have unreasonable expectations... Wouldn't be first time

    Any advice it suggestions. It will be 8 weeks
    Pool: 18000 gal w/ spill over spa Pump: 3HP Intelliflo VS 011018 Booster: 1.5HP Sta-Rite Dyna-Max Filter: 300 sqft Sta-Rite System 3 Heater: Rheem RayPak 399 BTUH Chlorinator: ClevaChlor RP30HD Controller: Jandy iAquaLink RS PS8 PDA Cleaner: Pentair Pool Shark Plumbing: 2"

  2. Back To Top    #2

    Re: Should I cancel pb?

    you need to check your contract to see if you CAN cancel

    Will

  3. Back To Top    #3

    Join Date
    Jan 2013
    Location
    St. Louis, MO
    Posts
    43

    Re: Should I cancel pb?

    That's what happened to us and then the 3 week build is now 2 days away from 3 months. My builder is highly reputable, so I don't know what advice to offer. People say we won't care how long it took once its done, I have a hard time believing that!

    This took longer than building a house!!!
    Build under way:http://s1360.photobucket.com/user/jc...982/slideshow/

    42'-18' Freeform Shotcrete pool. 3'6"-8'6" depth. pebble sheen (ocean blue), IntelliFlo 4x160, Pentair Ultra Temp Model 120, System 3 Modular Media Filter, SWG

  4. Back To Top    #4

    Join Date
    Dec 2009
    Location
    Central Massachusetts
    Posts
    2,690

    Re: Should I cancel pb?

    Have you paid them any money yet?
    14,000 gallon IG, Vinyl. Hayward 3/4 hp superpump, Penatair IC40 SWCG, Pentair automation, Hayward sand filter, Aqua Comfort heat pump, Hayward 400k Lo-Nox LP heater.

  5. Back To Top    #5

    Join Date
    May 2013
    Location
    North East Ohio
    Posts
    953

    Re: Should I cancel pb?

    if no money, tell him you are walking....if you've paid...it will cost you more to fight than wait.
    14,750 GAL IG Fiberglass (16 x 33) NE Ohio || Jandy 1HP 2 speed Pump || Waterco MultiCyclone 16 Centrifugal pre-filter (removed due to not working with sand filter) || 30" 575 Lb. Sand Filter || AquaCal 140K BTU Heat Pump || Solar Cover || Inter-fab Adrenaline Slide || GLI Monsoon Solar Cover Reel || K-2006C Test Kit || BBB with Liquid Chlorine Stenner Injection || Rayner Mighty Mesh Winter Cover

  6. Back To Top    #6

    Re: Should I cancel pb?

    Good call on the money part. Dammit
    Pool: 18000 gal w/ spill over spa Pump: 3HP Intelliflo VS 011018 Booster: 1.5HP Sta-Rite Dyna-Max Filter: 300 sqft Sta-Rite System 3 Heater: Rheem RayPak 399 BTUH Chlorinator: ClevaChlor RP30HD Controller: Jandy iAquaLink RS PS8 PDA Cleaner: Pentair Pool Shark Plumbing: 2"

  7. Back To Top    #7

    Re: Should I cancel pb?

    I think that is normal. Especially if your area has had a lot of rain like we have had this summer. Ours was delayed 6 weeks and we only needed him to dig and put up walls. If he said late July early August seeing it is only August 1st I would not get to worried. I know you are anxious but if he is reputable I would not worry if I was you. If you went with someone else you would be at the back of their list, especially this late in the season and them deal with their delays. It's just the nature of the construction business. No one starts when they think they will be able to. Good luck.
    18x36 Grecian Vinyl; 8' Roman steps w/t 2 spa jets; cozy cove w/t 6 spa jets; 2 MD, 1 Skimmer, 3 returns; Hayward Ecostar, 30" Ranger sand filter; Hayward color logic 4.0 LED light; Hayward aqua logic; 2" PVC pipe 4 Jandy Valves

  8. Back To Top    #8

    Join Date
    Apr 2013
    Location
    Sacramento, CA
    Posts
    2,769

    Re: Should I cancel pb?

    1 why is he late? Subs busy? Rain?
    2 Put in a completion date with a penalty. I took the PB estimate, added 3 weeks and said he had to finish by that date
    You have lot most of the season
    22k gallon IG pebblefina, Jandy 1.5 HP VS, Jandy CV Cartridge filter, Fafco solar panels, Polaris 360 supply side cleaner, waterfall

  9. Back To Top    #9
    Isaac-1's Avatar
    Join Date
    May 2010
    Location
    SW Louisiana
    Posts
    6,711

    Re: Should I cancel pb?

    Without knowing your location it is hard to offer advice not knowing where you are in the swim season, etc.

    Ike

    p.s. please see
    pool-school/read_before_you_post
    Indoor 20x40 35,000 gallon vinyl pool with 1.5 HP 2 speed Jandy FloPro pump, Hayward EC75 Perflex DE filter, 11 4x12 Techno-Solis solar panels w/ Aquasolar controller, Aquabot Turbo T Robot Cleaner. Also LMI metering chlorine dispenser pump and HotSpring Jetsetter
    I use and endorse TFtestKits TF-100 from http://tftestkits.net
    ~Remember TFP counts on your donations to keep this site ad free~

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •