Become a TFP Supporter Pool Math Forum Rules Pool School

Thread: Watercolors light issues

1. Back To Top    #1

Watercolors light issues

I have a Jandy Watercolors LEDsystem that doesn't cycle through the colors smoothly. The "color shows" are more like the lights just turn off and on with no smooth transition like I have seen with other Jandy systems. There is also a rather loud "click" sound coming from the control box when the colors change (sounds like a breaker clicking on/off).

Any help greatly appreciated. I have managed to answer most of my pool questions using the search feature but this one has me stumped.

Thanks

2. Back To Top    #2

Re: Watercolors light issues

What "control box" are you using? Can you post a picture of it?
    Gunite/Plaster pool at 13k gallons. All Jandy with CL340 series cartridge filter, 1.5 HP Jandy Stealth pump. Jandy 1400 SWCG and PDA4 controller. Dual waterfalls. Polaris 280. Pool installed August 2012. Southern Louisiana. And lets not forget my trusty TF100 test kit!

3. Back To Top    #3

My terminology was wrong before. The unit I have that the loud clicking noise is coming from during he color changes is a Jandy Aqualink with a PDA controller. Would send a pic of the actual unit but I am out of town on business till Monday.

Thanks for the help.

4. Back To Top    #4

I will research this as I have the same with two Watercolor lights. I will let you know what I find.
    Gunite/Plaster pool at 13k gallons. All Jandy with CL340 series cartridge filter, 1.5 HP Jandy Stealth pump. Jandy 1400 SWCG and PDA4 controller. Dual waterfalls. Polaris 280. Pool installed August 2012. Southern Louisiana. And lets not forget my trusty TF100 test kit!

5. Back To Top    #5

I cannot find any information regarding this issue. I would recommend you call their technical support department at 707-776-8200, ext. 260. Please let us know how well support handles this issue.

6. Back To Top    #6

Will do. Thanks for the contact info.

7. Back To Top    #7

When you call Jandy -be prepared to give them the software version of your Aqualink. This usually shows up on your PDA when you first turn on the PDA. One source I saw implied that the Watercolor LED lights were not fully supported until SW version rev "O" ("Oh" not zero).
    Best of luck,
    Mike
    ~17' x 34' IG pool with attached spa - 20500 gallons - Gunite with a "pebblesheen"-ish finish
    Jandy iAqualink with iPad and Jandy PDA remote - Pentair IntelliFlo VS 11018 Pump
    AquaRite SWCG - Pentair SMBW 4060 DE Filter - Really Old Raypak heater
    "Wall-E" an Arneson-Hayward Navigator - A couple of Jandy/Zodiac WaterColors LED Lights - Blue-White F-1000 Flow meter

8. Back To Top    #8

The lights change color settings (when you manually select a new color or mode) via power cycles... is the relay clicking the sound you are hearing? Is it happening at other times other than when you manually select a new mode/color?

You also may want to check if your lights have a "random" mode... one of my Pentair lights came set to random mode... it basically follows the same color sequences but changes at random times to mix it up among different lights. There is a power cycle sequence to get it out of random mode. I am not sure about the Jandy lights.
    32K gal, gunite, French Gray DB, IntelliFlo VF, IntelliFlo, WhisperFlo, Quad DE 100 filter, IntelliTouch, IC-60 SWG, IntelliChem, Dolphin M5

9. Back To Top    #9

After going through several steps and a little trial and error it turns out the problem was a faulty breaker in the AquaLink box. Apparently it was getting only a partial connection that created the issues mentioned above. Replace the breaker now everything is working as it should.

Thanks for the assistance everyone!