Rubber Gasket Between Steps and Liner

Jul 7, 2012
I need some help. Our pool was built last fall and we have noticed there is a problem with the gasket between the steps and the liner on both sets of steps. There are a bunch of pieces of rubber in this area. However, there is a light blue one that has come loose and also appears to be disintegrating. There is also a gray piece that is still stuck between the steps and the liner, but also appears to be disintegrating. Here's some photos:

No comments on the dirty pool the dirty pool. :eek: It was raining when I took the pics.

I sent some pics to our pool builder and he says to just pull the piece that is hanging out. He says this is normal...

We've had lots of problems with our PB, so I don't really trust what he is saying. Can some others verify this is correct? Or have you seen this before?

Thanks in advance.

That white loose stuff you see is the gasket, the gasket it about an inch to two inches wide. What happened is the gasket was sticking out past the face plate a little bit and when he razor cut the vinyl out of the steps the gasket got cut as well. I would just continue to razor cut the rest of the material out but I wouldn't pull it so it doesn't follow deeper behind the face plate. Don't be afraid to cut it, it's not like it's helping the step seal at this point anyways since it's just hanging there like a loose tooth.

Thread Status
Hello , This thread has been inactive for over 60 days. New postings here are unlikely to be seen or responded to by other members. For better visibility, consider Starting A New Thread.