installing AGP oval doughboy pool

phawn

Jul 29, 2013
mn
We purchased a used 18X34X4' doughboy oval pool with no specific installation instructions/manual included. I don't even know specific model. However, we watched a couple videos and dismantled it ourselves so want to try doing it ourselves (especially after contacting the local pool store who was not helpful and quoted a base price of 2400 to install). I have a few questions initially before beginning.
1) Is there specific online instructions anywhere, I was not able to find any?
2)Setting the foundational height of the rounded portion seems straight forward but the side supports that had the concrete block footings are set deeper but exactly how much and how far apart from the opposite side should they be set?
3)There was one skimmer installed but two cutouts at two of the opposite corners, can the location of those be altered (e.g. along the long wall instead of at the corner) to better facilitate equipment location and future decking? Should two skimmers have been installed? It was professionally installed initially so I assume it only needed one.
4) any words of wisdom from someone who has done a similar install would be appreciated.
Thanks for any assistance/advice,

Thanks for the link. My memory card had a couple pixs but it is not being recognized. I took a couple pics of the main components below.
The top rail is about 6 3/8" wide; of course the link makes reference to either 6 or 6 1/2. The top cap is a 2-piece cap and they are all metal components (caps, rails, supports). That link with the manual will be very beneficial if I can figure out the specific model.

Attachments

• 20130730_204937.jpg
    20130730_204937.jpg
    137.7 KB · Views: 158
  • 20130730_205013.jpg
    20130730_205013.jpg
    135.9 KB · Views: 156
  • 20130730_204950.jpg
    20130730_204950.jpg
    148.2 KB · Views: 156
You can contact Doughboy and they will send you a copy of the orig. instructions for your pool. They have a general instruction sheet for your generation of oval pool. I have it for my old Doughboy Breckenridge and the sheet covers all sizes of ovals. I just started putting water in mine yesterday so can advise you if you like!

It seems to be the copper canyon. The online directions were a huge help but digging those footings were a nightmare due to rocks in ground. I have it completed but have to wait until I get advice on how to set up the sand filter.

Thread Status
Hello , This thread has been inactive for over 60 days. New postings here are unlikely to be seen or responded to by other members. For better visibility, consider Starting A New Thread.