Become a TFP Supporter Pool Math Forum Rules Pool School

Thread: Hello from Arkansas

1. Back To Top    #1

Hello from Arkansas

I am another pool newbie who discovered this site and am so glad I did. We just got our pool going on July 5 and I discovered TFP about 2 weeks later, and after reading on here I was on my way to a lot of out of pocket expense, the PS would tell me just enough to keep me confused. After reading on here I decided to order a Taylor T-2006 it took 2 days and was $130.00 (they are considerably less expensive on this site).I have done a lot of reading on here and have gained much knowledge , the people on here are so good with there info and if you listen to them and do things their way you will have amazing results. But like they say Trouble free does not mean maintenance free. I would just like to say thank you to all those who have helped me.
    28'x52" with7' deep end AG 2hp pump 3.1 sq ft sand filter 25500 gal,TF-100 test kit

2. Back To Top    #2

Re: Hello from Arkansas

They didn't tell you just enough to keep you confused--they're confused themselves!
    16x32x52" Steel Cornelius Miramar AGP Vinyl liner 13,100 gal. Buried 2 ft.
    2 Speed Hayward Power-Flo Matrix 85 g.p.m. 22" 250lb. sand filter hard plumbed
    Pool Rover Jr., Pool Blaster Max, Diver Dave TF100 Test Kit/Speed Stir
    Margaritaville Frozen Concoction Maker, Liqour Chiller, & Drink Mixer & Party Tub----Collect 'um all!

3. Back To Top    #3

Quote Originally Posted by woodyp
    They didn't tell you just enough to keep you confused--they're confused themselves!

Not only are they confused, they will tell you whatever they need to so they can sell you a ton of unnecessary products.
    AG 18' X 52" Round Pacifica Pool w/ Metal Diamond Unibead Liner. Installed in March 2007.
    2.5 HP Baquapure 2 Speed Pump, 200 GPM Waterway ProClean Cartridge Filter System.

Former Baquacil user
    Converted to BBB in Fall of 2009 - Now I have a truly trouble free pool!

4. Back To Top    #4

Welcome to TFP!

Quote Originally Posted by Samantha_in_AL
    Not only are they confused, they will tell you whatever they need to so they can sell you a ton of unnecessary products.
    We refer to that as being "Pool Stored".
    Gold Supporter, TFP Lifetime Supporter, 26,680 gal Plaster IGP 3.5 - 10' depth / Attached Waterfall Spa, Manually Chlorinated, Triton Sand Filter, 1.5 HP * 1.1 SF = 1.65 SFHP 1-speed Pentair WhisperFlo WF-26 Pump, 400K BTU NG Teledyne Laars Series One Heater, Polaris 360, Test Kit Comparison, Chlorine/CYA Chart, SLAMing Your Pool, OCLT
    A good test kit is an investment, not an expense.