Fiberglass leaking post repair

Jul 9, 2013
25,000 gallon, SWG, Intelliflo pump, fiberglass

Purchased a house with in-ground pool last Sept. I think a leak was missed on the inspection (horrible real estate agent and think he lied about going to read the 24 hr test for the inspector but such is life). After ~ 2 weeks of owning I noted water appeared to be dropping. Noted that there was a crack along the side wall where slopes off in the deep end. Leak test showed losing just under 1/2 inch/day (same with pump on or off). Had a highly recommended local company come out. They dove a placed a patch in late October (took a few weeks as their dry suit was in for repair). Pool open for winter and still seemed to have a leak over the next few months but had definitely slowed down - hard to evaluate as had rain routinely over this period. Re-evaluated in May and determined that losing about 3/4 inch/day. Company owner came out and looked at - discussed that based on size and location of crack is really hard to fix and may require yearly patching (crack @ ~7 ft depth). Re-dove and leak tested - determined to be source of ongoing leak. Re-patched last week. I was on vacation and just came back - am currently losing 1.1 inches/day when has not been that sunny - barely able to keep up with refilling which is a problem as my floating weir keeps ending up above water level. I left a message for the company again as figured patch didn't hold. I worry as my walls already bulge in a bit (when look straight down from side) and the more that it leaks the more sand/mud movement will continue to exert pressure possibly causing further cracks? Any other options for repair? Just trying to have a better understanding of options so can discuss semi-intelligently with repair guys.

Thread Status
Hello , This thread has been inactive for over 60 days. New postings here are unlikely to be seen or responded to by other members. For better visibility, consider Starting A New Thread.