It has finally begun...New 24' AG (updated 8/8) DONE!!!!

Jul 15, 2013
Upstate NY
We finally got everything ordered and started the excavation process. We're doing this entire build on our own. I like to think I'm a very capable DIYer. Started last weekend, showed up at the rental place to find out the sod cutter hadn't been returned from the previous renter so they gave me the tiller I was renting anyway for the weekend at the one day rate. After some very back breaking work and a lot of I told you so's to my wife we made some progress. I have a skid steer coming for this weekend to finish up the leveling and boulder removal and will hopefully have the pool up by this Sunday!

My wife and my good friend Ben
8g5B3JB.jpg

Most of the sod removed
oulXMXv.jpg

Leveling process begins, I miscalculated how much needed to be leveled so it's time for a skid steer!!!
gCkfiST.jpg

Large chunks of Shale out where we live :(
qVf0gb4.jpg

Long tiring process but it'll be worth it in the end!!!

Re: It has finally begun...New 24' AG (updated 7/30)

Leveling is the hardest and most crucial step in building a pool. Take your time! Check and recheck the leveling process. The end result will be worth it. :goodjob:

Casey said:
Leveling is the hardest and most crucial step in building a pool. Take your time! Check and recheck the leveling process. The end result will be worth it. :goodjob:

We are definitely going to take our time leveling. I only want to have to do this once :-D

Do you plan to put down some foam insulation under the pool? Many people here do. I didn't, and wish I had. I'll do it next year. Are you putting pavers under the legs?

Looking good so far. Keep posting pictures of your progress.

What part of upstate NY? County or nearest big city is close enough. I'm downstate in Westchester County.

DigbyAllen said:
Do you plan to put down some foam insulation under the pool? Many people here do. I didn't, and wish I had. I'll do it next year. Are you putting pavers under the legs?

Looking good so far. Keep posting pictures of your progress.

What part of upstate NY? County or nearest big city is close enough. I'm downstate in Westchester County.

We are using 2" solid blocks under the uprights and we live in Plattsburgh about a mile from Lake Champlain about 20 miles south of Canada, just about as upstate as you can get! :lol:

Re: It has finally begun...New 24' AG (updated 7/31)

Finally got all of the pool delivered! It's going to be a busy weekend!

qTieAlw.jpg

Full resin!!!
IdWc0wE.jpg

Pentair SD 60 Filter
vaOWbGi.jpg

Pentair Dynamo 2hp 2 speed Pump
VCNJl4H.jpg

SWG and Misc stuff
2LLyt8G.jpg

Salt!!!!
ndYrz3M.jpg

Skid Steer gets dropped off Friday afternoon, hope to have water going in by Sunday at the latest! Thanks for all the info everyone! TFP is an awesome site, I'm glad I found it!

Hope that fridge is full of beer. :cheers:

I don't see any bottles of Bleach or containers of CYA, those are the first two things you will need as you are filling. Also, bear in mind, that Intex SWG, will need to run many hours a day to maintain FC. I have mine set for 5 hours a day on mine, and I still occasionally need to add bleach. I also assume you have ordered your test kit. TF-100 or K-2006

Enjoying this content?

Support TFP with a donation.

Give Support

PridgNYC said:
Hope that fridge is full of beer. :cheers:

I don't see any bottles of Bleach or containers of CYA, those are the first two things you will need as you are filling. Also, bear in mind, that Intex SWG, will need to run many hours a day to maintain FC. I have mine set for 5 hours a day on mine, and I still occasionally need to add bleach. I also assume you have ordered your test kit. TF-100 or K-2006
My TF-100 came in last week! I do have the Bleach and CYA already too! :-D

Re: It has finally begun...New 24' AG (updated 8/3)

More progress, Although the first Bobcat they brought us apparently had a loose belt cover and got melted!

Rc1HeYB.jpg

So after they brought me out another Bobcat I got back to work leveling!

9vn4lWp.jpg

Just about done the leveling!!!

lXzMSkz.jpg

Start of the bottom track!!

UhcKJlU.jpg

Block Leveling

e5Kap2S.jpg

More to come tomorrow!!!

Enjoying this content?

Support TFP with a donation.

Give Support
Thread Status
Hello , This thread has been inactive for over 60 days. New postings here are unlikely to be seen or responded to by other members. For better visibility, consider Starting A New Thread.