Become a TFP Supporter Pool Math Forum Rules Pool School

Thread: Working on decking and have a question

1. Back To Top    #1

Working on decking and have a question

We have been at this deck building for 3 summers. Time and money have been issues on getting things done quickly! We have half the railing finished and all the decking. Now I would like to do something with the lower part of deck. But I just don't want to put anymore money into wood. I used the heavier commercial landscape cloth and covered a 1x2 wooden frame and screwed it to the posts. Do you think this would have a chance of lasting until I'm up to spending more money and doing it right? Will share a few pictures so you can see our maze of decking. Started with a patio 16x20 and then added the 16x10 pavilion. When pool was put in we put the splash deck around and the decking from pavilion to pool and garage.

30 ft. round Conquest agp, 19,800 gal; Pentair Easy Clean 1 hp DE EC60 filter system
    Hayward H250N gas heater; TF100 Test Kit
    2 Fafco 4x20 sunsaver solar bear solar panels
    Dolphin E 10 ~ Zoomerang slide
    Majestic 8000 Above-Ground Pool Step

2. Back To Top    #2

Re: Working on decking and have a question

I may have to come and personally inspect that setup in order to offer you a "professional" opinion! Barring any ridiculous high winds or animal intrusions, it should be just fine. Luvly!
    16x32x52" Steel Cornelius Miramar AGP Vinyl liner 13,100 gal. Buried 2 ft.
    2 Speed Hayward Power-Flo Matrix 85 g.p.m. 22" 250lb. sand filter hard plumbed
    Pool Rover Jr., Pool Blaster Max, Diver Dave TF100 Test Kit/Speed Stir
    Margaritaville Frozen Concoction Maker, Liqour Chiller, & Drink Mixer & Party Tub----Collect 'um all!

3. Back To Top    #3

Hmmm I can't see any pictures
    24ft x 52in Round AGP Heritage pool Aquamaster 19 in sand filter & 1 hp pump. Clear Solar blanket 12 Mil. TF-100 Test Kit. Pool filled June 3rd 2013 well water.

4. Back To Top    #4

That looks pretty snazzy. I don't know how well it will hold up to weather but it looks like a cheap way to get around the wood for right now.
    I'd bet you my bikini you'll never get TFP water from a pool store!

24' Sharkline Venture De Filter

5. Back To Top    #5

Thanks, I think I'll give it a shot and see how it goes. Won't cost anything but time.
    30 ft. round Conquest agp, 19,800 gal; Pentair Easy Clean 1 hp DE EC60 filter system
    Hayward H250N gas heater; TF100 Test Kit
    2 Fafco 4x20 sunsaver solar bear solar panels
    Dolphin E 10 ~ Zoomerang slide
    Majestic 8000 Above-Ground Pool Step

6. Back To Top    #6

If you wanted to make it last a little longer, you could cover the fabric with a plastic lattice panel.
    -- Guy --
    10K gallons in 21' Round 52 inch wall Aqualeader AG, Hayward Power Flow LX 1.5 HP pump motor, Hayward Perflex EC50AC DE filter w/Cellulose, Wide mouth skimmer, 2013 new Diver Dan (craigslist) to replace the faded old Hayward AquaBug. TF-100